Using T68i as a BT modem?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Has anybody successfully gotten their T68i to function as a Bluetooth modem? I'm using a 12" Powerbook, 10.2.6, and I verified that the dialup number and service works fine, using a land line and the built in modem in the Powerbook. Set everything up using the Ericsson T39 19k modem script, name and pw all correct, etc. Any special tricks I'm not aware of? The PB dials the phone via BT, the phone connects to the ISP but can't negotiate a connection and fails from what it looks like.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xaqtly

Has anybody successfully gotten their T68i to function as a Bluetooth modem? I'm using a 12" Powerbook, 10.2.6, and I verified that the dialup number and service works fine, using a land line and the built in modem in the Powerbook. Set everything up using the Ericsson T39 19k modem script, name and pw all correct, etc. Any special tricks I'm not aware of? The PB dials the phone via BT, the phone connects to the ISP but can't negotiate a connection and fails from what it looks like.

You need to use the Ericsson GSM modem script in the archive at this link . The main page here also has links for a GPRS modem script for the T68i if you have that type of connection with your mobile service provider.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    No dice, I still have the same problem. I'm starting to suspect it's my service. I'm currently on hold with them to try to find out what I need to do, I'll come back and update when I have a clearer idea of what's going on. It's AT&T by the way.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xaqtly

No dice, I still have the same problem. I'm starting to suspect it's my service. I'm currently on hold with them to try to find out what I need to do, I'll come back and update when I have a clearer idea of what's going on. It's AT&T by the way.

I am using T-Mobile, and it worked fine last I checked. It is painfully slow for anything other than e-mail though.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    I got it to work, but I had to call AT&T to do it. It was a service provider issue. they gave me a different number to call and it worked. I knew the Mac wasn't the problem, haha
  • Reply 5 of 5
    yea ive done it but its slooooow, and unless you have those new unlimited data plans, you better watch your usage. I did a coupla minutes of IM, loaded a few web pages, and i had already used up my free 1 meg/month.

It is mad cool tho- good way to make your friends jaws drop ;-)