Any Formula One fans here?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If so, you can download some MPEGs I've grouped together as a BitTorrent metadata file, ready for burning to VCD, here.

Enjoy 8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Formula 1 only hold my attention span untill they all have passed the first curve.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    As much as I hated Schumacher's dominance years past, the new rules implemented this year and those that haven't yet been implemented make such little sense. As well, Formula One team orders like those we've seen at McLaren and Ferrari really suck. Over-all, it's fun to watch, but then again I don't have SPEED Channel or BernieVision.

I'll stick to CART as my primary racing staple until it gets completely buried by the IRL...

Go Montoya.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I prefer my racing with a Southern accent and all left turns

Go 88!
  • Reply 4 of 11
    dale soreldale sorel Posts: 186member
    Oh yea, I forgot to mention the content

It's the first two races of 1993, recorded from SPEED's F1 Decade.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

As much as I hated Schumacher's dominance years past, the new rules implemented this year...

It's not all about the rules. Right now, Schumacher is the best. If you doubt what I say, download the bittorrent and see how Prost, Senna, and Schumacher are banging wheels the entire race while the rest of the pack falls behind by around a minute at the halfway point.

Quote:

I'll stick to CART as my primary racing staple until it gets completely buried by the IRL...

Oh yea, C^RT, the best drivers in the world...I guess that would explain why you don't want to see the 1993 F1 season again
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

Formula 1 only hold my attention span untill they all have passed the first curve.

I believe there's medication out there that might help with your condition
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dale Sorel

It's not all about the rules. Right now, Schumacher is the best. If you doubt what I say, download the bittorrent and see how Prost, Senna, and Schumacher are banging wheels the entire race while the rest of the pack falls behind by around a minute at the halfway point.

Yeah, to clarify...I'm not a fan of Schumacher, but I much prefer the previous few seasons to this year. The current rules don't create parity...they create randomness.

My biggest beef with F1 is the man in charge.

Quote:

Oh yea, C^RT, the best drivers in the world...I guess that would explain why you don't want to see the 1993 F1 season again

Definitely not the best drivers in the world, but it is the best format, IMO. The more variety the better, which is why I'm sad CART isn't doing so well right now. They're also slowly shedding their last few oval races, which I'm not too happy about.

Montoya's not a CART product per se, but he is better than Michael Schumacher...It's a shame he'll probably never see Michael's kind of success because of the new rules in F1. Right now he's driving a hugely inferior car. I might even put the Renaults ahead of Williams-BMW as far as the constructors go.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Montoya's not a CART product per se, but he is better than Michael Schumacher...It's a shame he'll probably never see Michael's kind of success because of the new rules in F1.

I don't know, Schumacher won two championships in a Benetton amidst some pretty radical rules changes.

Michael has a way of being able to pull his team up around him. Somehow I don't see that trait in JPM.

These days, it's more than *just* being the best driver out there

Quote:

My biggest beef with F1 is the man in charge.

No kidding, the guy must have gotten his butt kicked everyday in grade school
  • Reply 9 of 11
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Meh. GT with a little LM.

It's much cooler when the cars are [closer to] street legal.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Meh. GT with a little LM.

It's much cooler when the cars are [closer to] street legal.

I've never actually gotten to attend an actual LeMans event, but I have been to a few ALMS races, which are pretty fun. I'm not sure I like the format of putting all the different classes on the track at once. And the races are sooooo long.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

I've never actually gotten to attend an actual LeMans event, but I have been to a few ALMS races, which are pretty fun. I'm not sure I like the format of putting all the different classes on the track at once. And the races are sooooo long.

There's one in DC now, and the track isn't awesome but it works. I think it's a perrenial thing, but I'm not sure.