New towers to echo look of servers?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    g::mastag::masta Posts: 121member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic:

<strong>

Not good. I like those buttons, but just like typical Apple - that Firewire recess will only function with a Apple branded Firewire cable!</strong><hr></blockquote>

actually my PC with a Pinnacle DV500 card uses the same 6-pin firewire connector.so what's your point?

Peace,

G
  • Reply 42 of 50
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    This is someone else's original that I editied slightly.

I want front panel access to firewire and usb.

MSKR
  • Reply 43 of 50
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    that pMacg5 pic looks a little too fat (note the lck of a pH) to me. The pMac line definitely could use a little bit of new iCandy. I love the way my b&wg3 looks, and the fact that its almost indistinguishable from the lovely gfors; but i'm getting a knew box soon, and i want it to bee new.

any1 else like the idea of an X-box. not the stupid, disgusting ms toy, or even the xserve, but the letter. As in, a computer shaped like an 'X'. It would be ultra kewl, especially if the mobo was an x.

has any1 seen my marbles? i seem 2 'ave lossed them.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    lowb-inglowb-ing Posts: 98member
    It looks like a toaster!
  • Reply 45 of 50
    phishyphishy Posts: 34member
    Is this the new case??

• Reply 46 of 50
    [quote]Originally posted by g::masta:

<strong>

actually my PC with a Pinnacle DV500 card uses the same 6-pin firewire connector.so what's your point?

Peace,

G</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, no...what I mean is look at the cut-out AROUND the firewire port (not the actual port). It's shaped exactly like the Apple Firewire cable, where the end is rounded off. Most 3rd party Firewire cables are square or rectangular. They won't fit into that recess.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    When is Apple going to get rid of that stupid mono speaker in the front panel? I almost think they leave it there just to fill the space. Then again it definently represents how Apple assumes users listen to music (on small, none stereo setup using a single speaker that is built into the tower), who are they kidding, give us a good sound card already so we can get past HK's weeny speakers.

-CFPC
  • Reply 48 of 50
    mookmook Posts: 16member
    Why get rid of the handles? Aesthetically they may not be cutting edge, but this is one of the form factors that made my G4 (and G3 before it) a pleasure to use.

A plain computer box is cumbersome and inhuman, the handles add the human factors - the ability to easily move it around, to wrap cables through, when moving house/office - they are a pleasure.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    zazzaz Posts: 177member
    OK, this is complete speculation and an example of hugely wasted time.

ANyhow, the new case must conform to a few parameters if we assume that this mobo is the next-gen version as I suspect it is.

If you extrapolate using known measurements of things like PCI slots, Airport Card slots and DVD drive sizes the layout reasonably looks something like this:

So, it is not likely that this would work:

The case ultimately would probably be more like this... a crappy image at best:

So, I know what your thinkin'

This newb is scratch crazy and has way too much time.

Both are probably true..... :cool:

Zaz
  • Reply 50 of 50
    xypexype Posts: 672member
    nice toaster!

[quote]Originally posted by Masker:

<strong>This is someone else's original that I editied slightly.

I want front panel access to firewire and usb.

MSKR</strong><hr></blockquote>