Least favorite Superfriend or Legion of Doom character

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
this should be good for some nostalgic banter between gen x-ers. ti get us rolling, here's a contribution:

so, if you couldn't tell, for me it was apache chief (though it was a hard decision to make... i mean, aquaman's just SITTING there, and i would love to smack robin or the wonder twins around). but apache chief was a horrid concept AND was incredibly offensive to boot. come to think of it, kinda suprised giganta wasn't a 50-foot cowgirl.

anyway, let the voting and commentary begin!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Apache sucked, but at least he wasn't in the later series.

Zan, Jana and Gleek were!

"Shape of: A Dork!"

"Form of: An annoying ditz!"

Jeff
  • Reply 2 of 11
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

Apache sucked, but at least he wasn't in the later series.

Zan, Jana and Gleek were!

"Shape of: A Dork!"

"Form of: An annoying ditz!"

Jeff

ah, the wonder twins... only they could try to make this image look heroic and reassuring:

p.s. if you hadn't figured it out yet, i get my images for this stuff at seanbaby.com . some of the funniest online commentary you'll read, but just so you know, careful when you go to his site, as he has some naughty sponsors (thought it would be best to warn folks before they start clicking on URLs in front of their girlfriends).
  • Reply 3 of 11
    spotcatbugspotcatbug Posts: 195member
    Yeah, too easy :

I predict these two (three) will be almost everybody's least favorites.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Now if Apache chief had some real super powers, like spraying firewaterballs at his enemies, that'd be cool...
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

ah, the wonder twins... only they could try to make this image look heroic and reassuring:

Jeff
  • Reply 6 of 11
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I tell you what, those EARLY Super Friends from the early 70's (the pre-Zan and Jana ones...instead, we're talking Wendy, that idiot Marvin and Wonder Dog) were quite the hoot!

THAT'S an annoying trio, so they get my vote.

But the Cartoon Network shows those and I sit and watch them and go "when I was a little boy, how did I buy into this shit? It's HORRIBLE!"

And that's Ted Knight doing the voiceover ("High over the city, SSSSuperman is heading toward the source of the distress signal...meanwhile, Aquaman is fondling a shark and hoping no one is watching...".

I hear those and all I think is of Judge Smails from "Caddyshack".

But they're so badly written and corny. Superman is a goofball, Robin (Casey Kasem, no less) is as annoying as he's ever been. But, I have to say, Wonder Woman was pretty hot. Even for a cartoon.

Hey, I was five or six years old. I took would I could get, okay?

And yes, that website above is HILARIOUS.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Casey Kasem:

Robin, Shaggy, and "Your request...and dedication."

A true Renaissance man!

seanbaby's Black Vulcan section killed me. "If the Super Friends hired a Swiss guy, you know they'd name him Hot Chocolate. If a black guy hadn't already taken it, of course."

Great find, Rok!

Jeff
  • Reply 8 of 11
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    before we get into a whole zan/jana or wendy/marvin/unidentifiable stupid caped dog bash-fest, i did want to point out that you can also nominate your least favorite Legion of Doom caharacter, as well.

i have to think this is a no brainer: Grodd, the, um, hyper-intelligent gorilla with a speech impediment. i could find some merit in almost any other legion of doom character, except him.

• Reply 9 of 11
    Scarecrow was pretty lame as far as the Legion goes-didn't any of the 'Friends watch the Wizard of Oz?

The worst villan they ever fought had to be Mytzoplik or whatever- that alien imp. The only way to get rid of him was to have him say his name backwards, and they would trick him into it every time! No threats, no torture.

How hard can it be to remember not to say Klipoztym?

Jeff
  • Reply 10 of 11
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

Scarecrow was pretty lame as far as the Legion goes-didn't any of the 'Friends watch the Wizard of Oz?

The worst villan they ever fought had to be Mytzoplik or whatever- that alien imp. The only way to get rid of him was to have him say his name backwards, and they would trick him into it every time! No threats, no torture.

How hard can it be to remember not to say Klipoztym?

Jeff

In the comics, he had to be tricked into something different each time he reappeared. He's a whole article on the character: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comi.../mxyzptlk.html
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Cool, pyr3-I thought he was SF only! This cover caught my attention, as I hated the Death of Superman arc...

I'm glad to see DC parodying it!

Oh, man, I just read seanboy's take on the Riddler...

Too funny!

Jeff