Osama When?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
You know the man we believe is behind 9/11.

Will he ever be caught? What your opinion.

This was supposed to be a poll so now we have to do it manually
  • Within one month from now

• Two month

• Six month

• A year

• Later than a year

• Never

• He is already dead

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    many would say, 2 weeks before the next presidential election.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    enaena Posts: 667member
    If he is dead, it would add to the confusion of al Queda to "keep him alive." Every once in a while, put out a "special message" from Osama.

Either alive or dead he is damaged goods---and probably not usefull to the bad guys.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I'd rather he die a quiet, agonizing death (testicular cancer would be a nice start) in a cave somewhere. Better that than be caught by us and therefore become an instant martyr whether we try him, kill him or otherwise. I'd also rather not give the news media the satisfaction of excellent ratings that would surely result from his capture. They can bite the big one too AFAIC.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

many would say, 2 weeks before the next presidential election.

That actually sounds plausible!

My own scenario I'd like to add is that he has already been captured a while ago. To avoid further disruption and/or recapitulation from those who would care, it is simply kept silent. Same thing could go for Saddam, I imagine.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    He's Dead..Long gone...

The conspicious absence of Video footage & or sound tapes during the height of the Iran war is most telling.

Why wasn't he being broadcast by Al- Jeseer news to all the Mujahaddin that were flocking to defend Iraq.?

Where is he now to denounce the " road map " to middle east peace ?

The americans buried him a long time ago...Its just that it suits them to keep the war against terrorism rolling along.." .while singing a song...buy buy buy ! "
  • Reply 6 of 19
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    let's see, eric robert rudolph took seven years, and he was in the US, and we kinda knew within a few hundred miles where he was at all times. osama's halfway around the world, with half of the local populace hiding him if he is still alive...

let's see, i guess that means c. 2014, if we're lucky.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

let's see, eric robert rudolph took seven years, and he was in the US, and we kinda knew within a few hundred miles where he was at all times. osama's halfway around the world, with half of the local populace hiding him if he is still alive...

let's see, i guess that means c. 2014, if we're lucky.

With a name like Rudolph..man they should have spotted him at Christmas..he was the one with the red nose...
  • Reply 8 of 19
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    naw ... just the red hands.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

With a name like Rudolph..man they should have spotted him at Christmas..he was the one with the red nose...

That is the worst joke in the history of AppleInsider.

Congratulations!
  • Reply 10 of 19
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

That is the worst joke in the history of AppleInsider.

Congratulations!

Agreed. Well done. Bravo.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I have thought for some time that he is long since dead or captured. Our capabilities, I think, are much greater in that area than we know. It may not serve to disclose this right now. It could turn him into a martyr. It would make people think there is no need to continue the WOT. I agree with aquafire on this. It would not be helpful to the country, or the administration politically to release his whereabouts.

I don't know about "two weeks" before the election. Perhaps a few months.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    sapisapi Posts: 207member
    two weeks before the elections there will be a message from Osama:

Good luck president Bush.

(did I beat the worst joke?)
  • Reply 13 of 19
    I'd like to point out that this thread may be considered innapropriate because many are speculating on when a man may die.

Shame on you

P.S. See locked Popewatch thread.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nordstrodamus

I'd like to point out that this thread may be considered innapropriate because many are speculating on when a man may die.

Shame on you

P.S. See locked Popewatch thread.

Good comparison Nodstrodamus between the pope and Osama bin Laden.

Try to find something better

BTW Anders the White, was not speculating with his death, but with his capture
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Good comparison Nodstrodamus between the pope and Osama bin Laden.

Try to find something better

BTW Anders the White, was not speculating with his death, but with his capture

Both have killed millions. Keep your biases out of your moderation.

EDIT: Osama actually has only killed a few thousand, the Pope on the other hand...
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

err....Osama hasn't killed millions.

Damn, I was just logging back in to make that edit.

The correction kinda speaks for itself though, doesn't it.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nordstrodamus

Damn, I was just logging back in to make that edit.

The correction kinda speaks for itself though, doesn't it.

If you are not happy with my lock, feel free to contact an admin. I will appreciate that you stop to post about this subject.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

If you are not happy with my lock, feel free to contact an admin. I will appreciate that you stop to post about this subject.

Wait, I thought you said it was ok to talk about the legitimacy/faults of the pope on another thread? That's all I'm doing here.

I'll gladly drop talk of speculating on his death, since I think your using that as an excuse to shut down the thread anyway.

I'll make no more mention of it.

Anyway, to continue.. What other comparisons can we make between Osama and the Pope?

Anyone? I can think of some.

Edit in- Wait, your right, this really belongs in a new clean thread...