Power Mac G5 marketing strategy

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Given the confidence that we'll actually see this machine in a couple of weeks, what do you think will be the marketing strategy of this new Mac?

I'm sure that initially, the G5 will ride the crest of press reports and publications on Apple's new wonder. But how will Apple go about convincing everyone that this new processor is better than Intel?

How should Apple market this thing? What will a G5 TV commercial look like? Please opine now....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    ok....my commerical

extreme close up shot of a computer power button...music starts at the 3 minute 45 second section of A Day in the Life by The Beatles...at that part of the song you hear the words "I'd love to turn you on"....

the camera slowly pulls back as a finger slowly moves forward and presses the power button of what we see (for but an instant) is an apple lisa (or whatever the first apple was)....as the music quickly builds in pace and power and volume from the 3:55 sec mark to the 4:20 mark of the song we get quick flash images and cuts from apple computer to apple computer (moving from oldest to newest) with a sort of end of 2001 feel to it ...till (at the 4:19 mark of the song) we see the iMac FP or speedhole PM...then at the 4:21 mark with the long single note of the piano struck in the song we flash to the new PM/cube or whatever the 970 is housed in and that image is held just like that long note from 4:21 to 4:40...slowly black letters appear under the computer as that note is held and held that say "Powerful" fade to "Beautiful" fade to "Apple" fade to "The New Apple G5"....then in the next and last 5 seconds of the commercial, with that single note still held but getting softer, we see the black letters under the computer change to "Oh, and The Beatles are now available at the iTunes Music Store"

end commercial

exactly one minute long from the 3:45 minute mark of the song to the 4:45 mark of the song....yes the song goes longer, but we don't need that part...

g
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Hehehe? Hello, Smithers. You're quite good at turning me on.

They should get Martin Scorsese to do another commercial for them.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

Hehehe? Hello, Smithers. You're quite good at turning me on.

They should get Martin Scorsese to do another commercial for them.

yeah, 60 seconds of bobby deniro beating joe pesci over the head with a flat panel iMac in a corn field

g
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

yeah, 60 seconds of bobby deniro beating joe pesci over the head with a flat panel iMac in a corn field

g

That's Gold!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    bihbih Posts: 44member
    Hmm.

Whatever it is, I think they should show people doing bad ass stuff on it. Actually USING it to make a movie, create 3D models, play games, use iTunes MS, and everything else. Show how great EVERYTHING about the macplatform is while they show off the case and the innards.

Clever ads are one thing but what really sells people I know on macs is just seeing them in action, they immediately want one.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Geld...

Very clever. I like it a lot and it is very Apple-esque. Maybe the new Mac startup sound should be that piano chord?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    ...Or...

An extended Apple commercial showing off both the G5 and OS X Panther. How about a 2:30 commercial with the soundtrack of Norah Jones' "Turn Me On" ?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    "I heard the news today..oh boy...4000 speed holes in the new G5...and though the holes were rather small...we had to count them all...now we know how many holes it takes to kill a Pentiuuuuum..."