powerbook price drops

rlprlp
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
alright maybe i am out of line here but i just bought a new 1ghz pb, about a month ago........and look what happens. a damn price drop. i work just as hard for my cash as everyone else, and then i finally save up enough change to buy this one........ this happens. does anyone out there think apple can help me out?

signed,

a day late and a dollar short, my life story.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rlp

alright maybe i am out of line here but i just bought a new 1ghz pb, about a month ago........and look what happens. a damn price drop. i work just as hard for my cash as everyone else, and then i finally save up enough change to buy this one........ this happens. does anyone out there think apple can help me out?

signed,

a day late and a dollar short, my life story.

if you bought it from apple within 14 days of the cut yes, if not, no.

such is technology
  • Reply 2 of 2
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    If it's any consolation, the second to last Mac I bought was an 8600/200. By the time it arrived, nine months after I ordered it, Apple was selling an 8600/350 (that's a 75% faster CPU!) for the same price! But I'd ordered the /200, so that's what I got.

It's kind of frightening, but Apple's gotten a lot better about stuff like that. Now it's not much worse than showing up in a store the day after a sale you hadn't heard about.