Safari v80

jlljll
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Safari v80 is leaked - biggest change is that WebKit is now installed in /System/Library/Frameworks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    And the font size is a point a two bigger.

And it's Snappier?. No, really!
  • Reply 2 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

And the font size is a point a two bigger.

And it's Snappier?. No, really!

You suck-- no, I mean, thanks for letting us know. Really!
  • Reply 3 of 44
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Oh, and it looks like v80 finally properly submits special characters like the TM in my post above to forums like this.

And it also identifies itself in the About dialog as 1.0 instead of "beta".
  • Reply 4 of 44
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights

You suck-- no, I mean, thanks for letting us know. Really!

It's not hard to find. I hear that Google searches all over the world - even in Russia
  • Reply 5 of 44
    thanks! an installer and everything. i feel less dirty that way.
  • Reply 6 of 44
    And the "check spelling as you type" option sticks for text fields now, too.

Remember, guys. You can discuss the software itself, but posting links to sources for these pirated goods is strictly verboten.
  • Reply 7 of 44
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Oh, and it looks like v80 finally properly submits special characters like the TM in my post above to forums like this.

And it also identifies itself in the About dialog as 1.0 instead of "beta".

1.0??? ummmm, sounds like safari will go legit at WWDC

brad, how are you liking it compared to the new omniweb out?

g
  • Reply 8 of 44
    it has a feature on the bookmark page to open in tabs the items in your menu bar. you know if you have a pull down on your menu bar. (i keep reediting to make it sound better but i'm making it worse)

i explained it sooo shitily, go see for yourself, it's cool.
  • Reply 9 of 44
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Same old Java incompatibilities I guess we have to wait 'till the final release for full Java support. Of course we'll have to upgrade to 10.3 to take advantage of them
  • Reply 10 of 44
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kelib

Same old Java incompatibilities I guess we have to wait 'till the final release for full Java support. Of course we'll have to upgrade to 10.3 to take advantage of them

What Java incompatibilities?
  • Reply 11 of 44
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Spellchecking stays on? I've been wondering why this hasn't been working yet, took forever. Can't wait.
  • Reply 12 of 44
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I am not sure if it was there before but now in your preference pane for Booksmarks it has an option for Syncing bookmarks using .Mac
  • Reply 13 of 44
    fluffyfluffy Posts: 361member
    Did anyone notice that the installer allowed you to choose where to put the App? I've never seen that before in an Apple installer... am I unobservant?
  • Reply 14 of 44
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Although it's hard to measure, scrolling speed is better too (at least it seems to). I second Brad about, Snappier?, something it definitely is. Much quicker loading, and SnapBack is... Snappy? as hell!

One peculiarity though, scrolling is sometimes faster when scrolling upwards, than the opposite direction. I can't explain it. Anyone else experiencing it?
  • Reply 15 of 44
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    It doesn't seem to work with Pith Helmet .61.
  • Reply 16 of 44
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Counters work on ebay now. Something about it is fast. It's definitely snappier....

WTF is up with the installation requiring a reboot, though???
  • Reply 17 of 44
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    This isn't exactly a public release, and you can force quit the installer.

Yeah, the scrolling does seem quicker going up than down...eh? Maybe we're both just crazy.
  • Reply 18 of 44
    dale soreldale sorel Posts: 186member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

It doesn't seem to work with Pith Helmet .61.

Privoxy, here I come \ 8)
  • Reply 19 of 44
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

[snip]WTF is up with the installation requiring a reboot, though???

The frameworks are now installed in the global System directory instead of inside the app. Presumably so the framework will be accessible to any developers after the offical release.

Wesley
  • Reply 20 of 44
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Gah, the text isn't showing up as a point or two bigger for me. In fact, it got even smaller. I'm seeing a lot of text that isn't even antialiased, actually...

I don't have an older image to compare it with, but that text was big enough to be antialiased before.

\