Worst Star * Trek episode..ever !

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok , some of the episodes are line ball, average, below average with some scraping close to the bottom of the barrel..

But tonight..I saw an episode of DS-9..( yes it is still running in OZ at a very late night slot..sigh ).

Cisco is challenged to a " duel of honour "by a visiting Vulcan Commander, consisting of a game of Baseball between the visiting all slaying Vulcan " Giants " ? and the DS-9 " Yankees " ? OMG

I love baseball, but this episode was so bad I wanted to flame the video tape..

Tell me I've seen the lowest it can get.......tell me there's none worse..?

Or do you have your own personal "Worst " ever episode of DS-9, ST*NG, or the original baddy's complete with wobbly sets ?

No wonder they say in space no one can hear you scream !

\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Sounds bad.

Did you ever see the one where Janeway .... oh man that was bad.
  • Reply 2 of 29
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    The 7 ferengi are probabily the worst episode of DS9. But i agree that the baseball episode was lame.

One of the worst in TNG is the one where they discovered a god who survive with a simulacrum of his wife. He admit that after refusing to interfere at the beginning, when his wife died, he did not destroy the opponements, but the whole race in the whole galaxy (bilions of peoples) in a fraction of second (in a wish).

This episode was really stupid.
  • Reply 3 of 29
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Did you ever see the one where Janeway .... oh man that was bad.

Nothing on this planet is more reliable than insults of Voyager on these fora. \
  • Reply 4 of 29
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    deservedly so, they got a bit better when they were threatened by agressive races and had to make a few deals witht he devil, but Janeway was the worst captain EVAR! Worse even, than promoting Riker to captain.
  • Reply 5 of 29
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Rick Berman is an idiot.

He's totally screwed up the franchise.

I hope that Roddenberry's ghost eats his face.
  • Reply 6 of 29
    I stopped watching the new ones. They were just too PC touchy feely let's all learn something about ourselves nonsense.
  • Reply 7 of 29
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

I stopped watching the new ones. They were just too PC touchy feely let's all learn something about ourselves nonsense.

then you should watch enterprise -- for better or worse, they have gone in exactly the opposite direction, rubbing each other's nubile bodies with "decontaminants" in their skivvies. seriously, you can watch almost every episode of enterprise with the sound OFF and still get your money's worth.

and janeway's not as bad as bakula. there, i said it.
  • Reply 8 of 29
    I'm sorry. By "new ones" I do mean enterprise.
  • Reply 9 of 29
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

then you should watch enterprise -- for better or worse, they have gone in exactly the opposite direction, rubbing each other's nubile bodies with "decontaminants" in their skivvies. seriously, you can watch almost every episode of enterprise with the sound OFF and still get your money's worth.

and janeway's not as bad as bakula. there, i said it.

Overall, I like Bakula. His speech patterns and delivery need a little work, though. I also really like Enterprise. I was immediately impressed with the writing and orginality,...except for the Borg episode and some of the endings (they "cop out" on occassion)
  • Reply 10 of 29
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Sounds bad.

Yep, You should have seen Qork's baseball cap..from side on it looked like a baby's nappy on cackwards..

Oh man it stunk..something awful..\
  • Reply 11 of 29
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    The only problem with Bakula is that I keep expecting 'Al' to show up and start talking about what Ziggy thinks the chances are that he has to save Trip from falling into a pool of lava on some distant planet or something. It would be really funny if that sillhoutte dude turned out to be 'Al'. Hehe. Sorry, but I can't help it.

I've watched so many Star Trek episodes of sorts that I think the good ones blocked out the bad ones. The worst episode of Enterprise was probably 'Dead Stop' (Season 2 Episode 4). I wanted their pilot dude to die,but he didn't. I hate his acting. Sometimes his acting seems so stale, I'm amazed that he was even considered for the spot.

In the beginning, Hoshi's character pissed me off, but now that she's not all 'afraid of the transporter and going to warp speed' it's all good. She's hot enough for me not to care too much. Jolene Blalock does a good job of acting though. I read a thing on her in Maxim. She was a HS drop-out drug junky that ended up in modeling eventually.
  • Reply 12 of 29
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Overall, I like Bakula. His speech patterns and delivery need a little work, though.

To sound... more like... William SHAT-ner?
  • Reply 13 of 29
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Actually, I am very impressed with Enterprise and how well they tie all the different episodes together. The "Temporal cold war" was cheesy to start off with. The worst episode I can think of right now is Voyagers "Think Tank". With that guy from Sienfield who is about to fall asleep the whole episode. Ugh.
  • Reply 14 of 29
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Ok , some of the episodes are line ball, average, below average with some scraping close to the bottom of the barrel..

But tonight..I saw an episode of DS-9..( yes it is still running in OZ at a very late night slot..sigh ).

Cisco is challenged to a " duel of honour "by a visiting Vulcan Commander, consisting of a game of Baseball between the visiting all slaying Vulcan " Giants " ? and the DS-9 " Yankees " ? OMG

I love baseball, but this episode was so bad I wanted to flame the video tape..

Tell me I've seen the lowest it can get.......tell me there's none worse..?

Or do you have your own personal "Worst " ever episode of DS-9, ST*NG, or the original baddy's complete with wobbly sets ?

No wonder they say in space no one can hear you scream !

\

Have never seen Enterprise and Voyager made me want to puke.

Never could get into DS9, except for the one episode where they go back in time to "Trouble with Tribbles." Actually bought that one.

Worst SG*NG: The one where Crusher's "lover" goes from being male to female. In fact, Season 5 has enough of those kind of bad episodes, we can't let the kids grab the box and watch episodes willy nilly; they have to get approval first.

Worst original SG: Spock's Brain. !!! The story is so far fetched even for Science Fiction that it's incredible.
  • Reply 15 of 29
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    The worst original episode that I recall is The Way to Eden. For those who don't remember it (how could you forget?), here is a link.

I'll admit, however, that as bad as the episode is, I am fond of it - if only for the yuks - and watch it anytime that it is on.
  • Reply 16 of 29
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    MOVE ALONG HOME!! MOVE ALONG HOME!!
  • Reply 17 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

MOVE ALONG HOME!! MOVE ALONG HOME!!

Huh ? Don't recall a episode called that..!

Unless it involved an Irish policeman in NY re 1900..

Shades of leprachauns in Voyager via the Killarney Janeway blarney set in the wee bog country of Begorham Bejabbers...\
  • Reply 18 of 29
    should we start a new thread for our favorites?
  • Reply 19 of 29
    Quote:

should we start a new thread for our favorites?

Be my guest Scott..
  • Reply 20 of 29
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Huh ? Don't recall a episode called that..!

It was so horrible, you blocked it from memory.

Quote:

Synopsis - When a race from the Gamma quadrant visits the station the fates of Sisko, Kira, Dax, and Bashir are placed in the hands of Quark in a game they brought with them.