new front page story...return of the drunken apple worker

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
go see it...it is a classic of the writing style

g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    Only one mistake.

"The two men laugh together as one reaches into the cargo pocket of his cut-off khakis, retrieves a pack of smokes, and lights one."

You can't smoke indoor in any bar/restaurant in California.

RosettaStoned
  • Reply 2 of 26
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    "Not much, man. I'm still in QuickTime. They got me on the video conference bundle. The steam [sic] quality is great."

J.Dawg, they stole your MO!

Kasper, lay off the pipe....
  • Reply 3 of 26
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    What's more ridiculous; having 2 front page stories in one week, or that story?
  • Reply 4 of 26
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Front page story stripped of "drunken evesdropping" parts

"Its gonna be awesome. The company is going to introduce more new hardware and software products at [WWDC] than any other [recent] event."

"They are bringing the 15" [PowerBook] model up to design spec with the other two models...faster chips."

"[The Power Mac G5 is] beautiful, all silver and graphite in color, there is no more chrome or clear plastic on the casing. It actually still retains the 4 handles but they are thinner and less extrusive. The front of machine is flourished by this mesh metallic surface, with the super drive now higher up on the case."

"[Apple is working on a] video conference bundle. The steam quality is great. Peer to peer MPEG 4 video conference streaming with iChat and [a] slick little camera."

"They are moving File Maker back in-house." "Apparently File Maker was bleeding money." "They laid off...a bunch of [workers] before they began the move. They didn't even give [them] a damn severance package or nothing."

"[Apple has finished] new displays. [The current] non-adjustable Cinema Displays [are] brutal [in comparison]!"

Barto
  • Reply 5 of 26
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RosettaStoned

Only one mistake.

"The two men laugh together as one reaches into the cargo pocket of his cut-off khakis, retrieves a pack of smokes, and lights one."

RosettaStoned

He's an outlaw.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

He's an outlaw.

Makes sense, he is completly violating the Apple NDA.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Reminds me of something I read in a Tom Clancy novel. I don't know why. I think it has to do with the beer and the fact that "Jackson" is the name of a character in Net Force - CyberNation.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Net Force isn't written by Tom Clancy.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    And I will no longer believe that ANYTHING that Kasper writes is legitimate.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    5 bucks says it's fake. I think it's pretty funny. Did this actually happen, or did you guys decide a really funny story incorporating all the rumors we've heard so far...Brad, anyone? MacRumors already picked it up and seems convinced the incident actually happened. If it did, great...we get 970 Powerbooks, if it didn't, it's pretty damn funny!
  • Reply 11 of 26
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    5 bucks? You think I'm a sucker? I took it as a joke. Which I'm sure it is. I'm I the only one that thought it was a spoof?
  • Reply 12 of 26
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
  • Reply 13 of 26
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RosettaStoned

Only one mistake.

RosettaStoned

well, i live in california...

many places where people smoke inside...

against the law, yes.

but that's not to say such places don't exist.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 15 of 26
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    Heh. Sounds like an attempt at a Naked Mole Rat inspired 'nuggets of dirt in a slurry of verbiage'.

Unfortunately, some people just can't write. Sorry Kasper. it was embarrasing. :P

I just hope the 'nuggets' were true, because it sure was a painful read.

-aoeu
  • Reply 16 of 26
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    of course it is a parody...but then it may be a clever way to devulge secret info by wrapping it in bullshit...

AI people seem to be having fun lately, and that is usually a good sign of things at apple...or it could just be the thrill of summer and getting some action on the side

g
  • Reply 17 of 26
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    if i am readin this right, the story can probably be read as most accurate and confirmed info as first, and then tapering off into la-la land by the end (as evidenced by steve chowing down on a steak).

i kinda wish i wasn't reading about this, 'cause i kinda want the surprise-factor, too, but i just can't help myself...
  • Reply 18 of 26
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    lol, i wonder if you can cease and desist a work of druken fiction.......

• Reply 19 of 26
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

lol, i wonder if you can cease and desist a work of druken fiction.......

ahhhhh, drunken fiction sounds like murbot to me...but then drunken anything sounds like murbot to me

g

1. 970 PM shown and shipping soon

2. Powerbook--15.4 released with 1.25 G4, 12 in with 1.0 G4--powerbooks don't go 970 till jan 2004...apple wants to sell lots of PowerMacs first

3. Panther Preview--release in sept

4. iChat2 preview with camera

5. new displays--shipping soon

fun times fun times

outside chance of a preview of iWorks

one more thing will be a mobile internet device in the shape of al gore (after all he did invent the internet)
  • Reply 20 of 26
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    although some parts of that sounds a bit more solid than others.