in macOS edited January 2014
Software Update found the following new or updated software:

- SecurityUpd2003-06-09-1.0

Security-Update 2003-06-09 (1.0), 1392K - restart required

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Additional details:

Security Update 2003-06-09 addresses a potential security issue when the Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) is used to reshare a Network File System (NFS) mount. This update also addresses a situation where LDAP bind authentication requests may be improperly sent when using Kerberos authentication.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Das Security-Update 2003-06-09 behebt ein mögliches Sicherheitsproblem, wenn mit dem Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) ein Network File System (NFS) Mount-Point freigegeben wird. Dieses Update behebt auch ein Problem, bei dem 'LDAP bind authentication requests' inkorrekt verschickt werden, falls Kerberos-Identifizierung verwendet wird.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Thank You Defiant.

I don't see it in Software Update.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

Thank You Defiant.

I don't see it in Software Update.

I'm getting it now. 1.4 MB here.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Thank You Defiant.

• Reply 6 of 11
    Maybe I don't see it because I haven't updated to 10.2.6.\
  • Reply 7 of 11
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Maybe I don't see it because I haven't updated to 10.2.6.\

Maybe you should, if only for security reasons. *sigh*
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Well, I have had some graphics problems with 10.2.5, and didn't want to risk it. These are problems that make the computer unusable(to me, anyways).
  • Reply 9 of 11
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    MacFixIt has an article on bugs related to this update. A lot of folks are reporting password troubles, and many find that their log-in button no longer works. \
  • Reply 10 of 11
    It's actually a very uncommon problem. I haven't found anyone else who has it. My display will place vertical columns of horizontal lines, pink and green, all over. Sometimes moving a window around starts it, sometimes it stops it. I've had the problem since I upgraded the video card in the 10.1 days, when I heard about Quartz Extreme. Unfortunately, I bought the card as-is on eBay, so I can't return it. 10.2.4 has fixed the problem. I installed 10.2.5 on my FW hard drive, and it got all messed up again. Now I just stick with 10.2.4. Until Panther comes out, of course.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:

It's actually a very uncommon problem. I haven't found anyone else who has it. My display will place vertical columns of horizontal lines, pink and green, all over. Sometimes moving a window around starts it, sometimes it stops it. I've had the problem since I upgraded the video card in the 10.1 days, when I heard about Quartz Extreme. Unfortunately, I bought the card as-is on eBay, so I can't return it. 10.2.4 has fixed the problem. I installed 10.2.5 on my FW hard drive, and it got all messed up again. Now I just stick with 10.2.4. Until Panther comes out, of course.

Dunno if you're looking for a diagnosis but here you go anyway...

This sounds like the display buffer is reading from the wrong spot in memory or that the memory contents have become corrupt. Basically, the problems you describe happen whenever random bits are written to the screen as if they were read from a valid image format.

I suspect that the video card is defective and unstable under heavy loads. Graphic intensive tasks will cause the card to heat up, making memory corruption far more likely.

Or... since Quartz extreme double buffers most windows, it is possible that some of the main RAM is faulty. However, this would normally mean frequent unexplainable hard crashes.

I have an old AGP based rage128 pro if you want it...