new front page story...return of the drunken apple worker

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

although some parts of that sounds a bit more solid than others.

which parts (thegelding asks innocently)

ha

g
  • Reply 22 of 26
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Net Force isn't written by Tom Clancy.

Yeah, I know. It's that whole "Created By" thing that I don't get. I'm not sure who wrote "Night Force," my copy doesn't say.

edit: BTW, I just noticed that if I it the Back button after posting, I don't get that "Thanks for Posting" window. Cool.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

AI people seem to be having fun lately, and that is usually a good sign of things at apple...or it could just be the thrill of summer and getting some action on the side

I think they need to stop snorting the sunscreen. It's affecting their brains. Read the label again: "For topical use ONLY"
  • Reply 24 of 26
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    If you're going to put 'em out there, why not make it fun?

Five Stars, even if it's bunk.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

5 bucks says it's fake. I think it's pretty funny. Did this actually happen, or did you guys decide a really funny story incorporating all the rumors we've heard so far...Brad, anyone? MacRumors already picked it up and seems convinced the incident actually happened. If it did, great...we get 970 Powerbooks, if it didn't, it's pretty damn funny!

It's just a semi-clever way to wrap up some rumors in a story.

And the story said nothing about 970 PowerBooks. Don't get your hopes up.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I think what's happening here is that the beginning part of Summer, the part that really gets to you and makes everybody crazy, is lining up with WWDC, where we are expecting something to be introduced. Where as before the rumors didn't start to fly too badly until right before MacWorld, when summer had grown on us a little. This time WWDC is what we've been waiting for, not MacWorld. Great story, great rumors, hope much is true.