burn 700MB of data on 700MB CD

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is it possible to burn about 700MB of data on a 700 MB CD in OS X? I can only burn about 650MB of Data on a 700MB CD. Are there good burning programs (especially freeware) that would do this? I believe Roxio's Toast can do it, right?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I've allready found two programs that work.

MissingMediaBurner

Laze E

Bouth from Versiontracker.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    If you install cdrtools from fink.sourceforge.net, then you get a commandline tool called 'mkisofs'. You can use it to make a purely ISO9660 .iso file. You can then tell Disk Copy that you want to burn it and insert a CD. Roxio also works. The downside of the mkisofs route is that it doesn't let you name the CD. All the CDs are just named 'CDROM'.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    FireStarter FX. It would be nice if it supported DVDs on SupaDrives. would that give us an extra 300 megs!? since DVD-Rs claim to be 4.7 gigs but we all know they are 4.4?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pyr3

If you install cdrtools from fink.sourceforge.net, then you get a commandline tool called 'mkisofs'. You can use it to make a purely ISO9660 .iso file. You can then tell Disk Copy that you want to burn it and insert a CD. Roxio also works. The downside of the mkisofs route is that it doesn't let you name the CD. All the CDs are just named 'CDROM'.

I noticed this while MissingMediaBurner was being unstuffed, it basically uses mkisofs and friends to make the cd for you, contents of Resources/bin folder within app:
    Code:

Resources/bin:

cdda2wav cdrecord isodebug isoinfo mkhybrid readcd vcdxbuild

cdrdao devdump isodump isovfy mkisofs scgcheck vcdxgen

So it would appear that it is a pretty good solution (I'm yet to actually try it out).

Edit: Oh and actually running the app and reading the Quickstart reveals full documentation of this fact.

WM