OS X's System Profiler

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Why doesn't the OS X System Profiler show the RAM slot info in detail like OS 9? For instance, it says I have 512 MB total, but not the details (is it 3 sticks of RAM, or 2? What sizes are each stick? Etc). I don't wanna crack open my beige G3 to look. Maybe this is a non-New World ROM issue?

Edit: Yup, its 'cause I have a crappy beige. Sigh. Gonna get a G5 soon...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    richyfprichyfp Posts: 19member
    Running 10.2.6, the Apple System Profiler (/Applications/Utilies/Apple System Profiler) does display the memory in each of the slots on my machine (New World ROM) as shown below:

The shell equivalent (applesystemprofiler) displays the same information in the Terminal for me. I wonder why it is that the old world ROM machines can't find this information out...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    (Off topic) Did they change around the ASP for 10.2.6? It looks different...

Maybe the change happened earlier, and I just never opened it up until now, but didn't there used to be boxes on the first page, or is that still the crappy OS 9 version?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    richyfprichyfp Posts: 19member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

(Off topic) Did they change around the ASP for 10.2.6? It looks different...

Maybe the change happened earlier, and I just never opened it up until now, but didn't there used to be boxes on the first page, or is that still the crappy OS 9 version?

I don't think they have changed it much recetly. They did make it Cocoa in 10.2, though. The first version to grace OS X was a pretty disgusting port of the equally disgusting OS 9 version.