iPod poster from May 2nd event

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I really like the poster that I received at the Apple Store from the Friday, May 2 event, when the 3-generation iPod was released. However, the poster dimensions are: 38 inches (height) tall and 20 inches wide, and I can't seem to be able to find a frame for it. I have looked as well as my mom has at Michael's, Target, and Bed Bath & Beyond, with no luck. Has anyone found a frame for this new iPod poster. If so I would like to know where you bought it at. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    just get a custom job...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

just get a custom job...

And pay out the wazoo...

I understand the bind you are in. I just bought some prints in South America, and of course, they aren't any of the standard english sizes. So, what I ended up doing was buying a frame that was close, and then matted them myself. It sure saved a heck of a lot of money on the custom job.

Hmm, Apple Poster, eh? A lot of white space around the edges, right? I would look for a size just a smidge smaller (if you can find one), and then cut the poster down using a nice big paper cutter. You'll never be able to tell that it actually should be two inches wider, or whatever you end up doing.

Of course, this is just my penny pinching college student mindset. YMMV
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    No there is no white around the edges, most of the design is right against the edges. Mac Mac whole bunch of numbers, I see you're from Rochester, head out to Victor and check 'Linens And Things' or whatever it's called, next to Eastview, they may have odd sized frames.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    The posters look great framed.

it was only 40 bucks a frame for a do it yourself kit.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

No there is no white around the edges, most of the design is right against the edges. Mac Mac whole bunch of numbers, I see you're from Rochester, head out to Victor and check 'Linens And Things' or whatever it's called, next to Eastview, they may have odd sized frames.

Yeah, I will have to look there, I forgot about Linens and Things, I have bought frames there before. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

The posters look great framed.

it was only 40 bucks a frame for a do it yourself kit.

ijerry: The posters look great framed. What "Do it yourself kit" did you purchase? Thanks!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    The largest frame that Linens 'n Things has is 36" by 24", so I just miss that one. That stinks.

iJerry: What "Do it yourself kit" did you purchase?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

The largest frame that Linens 'n Things has is 36" by 24", so I just miss that one. That stinks.

iJerry: What "Do it yourself kit" did you purchase?

Well, I went to Hobby Lobby and got the posters measured there. From that you can purchase the frame sides at any length and then put them together to make a frame of any size. I would suggest taking your poster in so that they can cut the glass for you as well while you are there. Then, you spend about five minutes putting them together and they look great.

I hope this helps. It was about 40 bucks a frame kit, but well worth in my opinion.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

Well, I went to Hobby Lobby and got the posters measured there. From that you can purchase the frame sides at any length and then put them together to make a frame of any size. I would suggest taking your poster in so that they can cut the glass for you as well while you are there. Then, you spend about five minutes putting them together and they look great.

I hope this helps. It was about 40 bucks a frame kit, but well worth in my opinion.

Thanks! I know a place around here that will do that.