New macs info....

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hello.

Just an update on my previous XXXX information since we had a meeting today with some guys at Apple XXXXX and I was able to talk with the sales rep I mentioned before.

My question regarded the fabulous perfomance that he mentioned on the new machines...

The reason I asked is that I thought that the new nmachines would be 3 to 5 times faster than the similar clocked ones, So I was a little worried he could be lying....

"3 to 5 times perfomance ?????"

He replied that indeed the top of the line model would out perform the current 1 GHz Model by 5 times !!

He did not specify clock speeds but rather pure perfomance.It also seems that the low end model will be at least as fast has the bi processor actual 1.42. ( ???).

It seems a bit optimistic , but , hey...., that´s what he said.

I'm buying one.

I also asked about other new hardware, but he said he did not know much other than the new powerbooks (15 inch) It seems that they will receive new processors also soon ( but well after July ) and so will the entire line of Powerbooks. He did not know any more details on the 15 inch, rather that it will use the same specs as the 17 powerbook ( regarding Bluetooth and Keyboard and FW 800 )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    kupan787kupan787 Posts: 586member
    Can it be true!!! OMFG its confirmed!!

Man oh man, I..B......
  • Reply 2 of 21
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    They swim in droves.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Your post do not bring much many new info.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    I just wanted to share directly to AI since I forwarded this info before ( X days ago ) to other sites...

If its speculative I dont know, but it is what I heard personally...
  • Reply 5 of 21
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

They swim in droves.

...much like the Icelandic Bottlenosed Lungfish....
  • Reply 6 of 21
    kupan787kupan787 Posts: 586member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nsousansousa

I just wanted to share directly to AI since I forwarded this info before ( X days ago ) to other sites...

If its speculative I dont know, but it is what I heard personally...

I just want to thank you from all the AI comunity for you excellent work in getting us this info. THANKS!!! If it wasn't for you, and your excellent work in bringing us this EXCELENT info, I am sure we would all be lost on the 970 issue. I mean, come on, nsousansousa risked it all by registering here and bringing us this info. And it was very nice of him to post i here, as a sort of exclusive, before all the other rumor sites start publishing this. As it is rumor gold, and the other sites will want to jump all over it.

When JYD did it, at least he made it somewhat believable. Copycats are always worse...

And now to totally hijack this thread...

What ever happened to Dorsal? Does the fact he hasn't posted in a very long time prove that he was just full of it? Looking back now, he was way off on what Apple was working on, was he not?
  • Reply 7 of 21
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kupan787

What ever happened to Dorsal?

Dorsal is no longer with us. ***Cleaning the long knifes for the mods***
  • Reply 8 of 21
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Do you know if Kormac is making the plastics for the new machines? Could you ask around? Thanks. 8)
  • Reply 9 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by kupan787

When JYD did it, at least he made it somewhat believable. Copycats are always worse...

What ever happened to Dorsal? Does the fact he hasn't posted in a very long time prove that he was just full of it? Looking back now, he was way off on what Apple was working on, was he not?

Aside the sarcasm...I dont know who Dorsal or JYD is.

I am a switcher , my company is switching and we work with Apple in OTHER COUNTRY. I did not post the previous info and I will not do it.

And i doubt i will make any other post.... Jezzz.....

I know you won't miss it and is not the worth time spent in registering...
  • Reply 10 of 21
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Let's see:

3 posts? Check.

Terrible English? Check.

No new info? Check.

Yup, it's another legit insider!
  • Reply 11 of 21
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    nsousansousa, the info you posted, was this also sent to looprumors.com?

the 3-5 times seems familiar

http://www.looprumors.com
  • Reply 12 of 21
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Do you know if Kormac is making the plastics for the new machines? Could you ask around? Thanks. 8)

Look below...you'll see who is making plastics. This seems like a perfect spot for Kormac and his cryptic crap to come in...
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Sousa, vocé falha portugues? Are you in Brasil(with an "s" yes) or Portugal?
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Let's see:

3 posts? Check.

Terrible English? Check.

No new info? Check.

Yup, it's another legit insider!

4 posts

Hey , kid ! I am assuming you're old enough to have your masters degree in English, ( thay faint and young language ) but since I was forced to learn it in high school I haven't been practising much.

Pero ahora te puedo decir que eres un cono potencial que no puede hablar que en essa lingua de perro que apriendes en la escuelita primaria e

Je voudrais aussi te tu saches que le monde entier n'est aussi ignorant et stupide que toi et que la bonne education se prend toujours comme il le faut. Doucement et aux long de toute la vie.

Cheers.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Quote:

Pero ahora te puedo decir que eres un cono potencial que no puede hablar que en essa lingua de perro que apriendes en la escuelita primaria e

Well, we can safely assume English and Spanish are not his strongest languages.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Sousa, vocé falha portugues? Are you in Brasil(with an "s" yes) or Portugal?

Gilsch.

Estou em Portugal e a minha emmpresa fornece acesso á internet a Apple aqui em Lisboa.

Cumprimentos

Nuno
  • Reply 17 of 21
    Obrigado Sousa. Don't shy away from posting in the future.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    I don't really understand you guys. Sometimes some random person like Dapper Dan shows up and you treat him like a hero and other people show up and all they get is sarcasm and snide remarks. I don't claim to know who is legit and who is not. But we have certainly had people post here with no background and little information who had real inside sources. Remember "time"? If somebody is obviously making stuff up I can see being rude to him but what is the point of being nasty to some guy who could legitimately be coming to say what he knows?
  • Reply 19 of 21
    JBL, I agree. You never know.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nsousansousa

4 posts

Hey , kid ! I am assuming you're old enough to have your masters degree in English, ( thay faint and young language ) but since I was forced to learn it in high school I haven't been practising much.

Je voudrais aussi te tu saches que le monde entier n'est aussi ignorant et stupide que toi et que la bonne education se prend toujours comme il le faut. Doucement et aux long de toute la vie.

Cheers.

I presume that you find your info in sites like MacBidouille. You have to understand that many old regular poster like to joke by creating a new rumor thread under a new registred name.

You create this thread, just before one was locked. One of our old member tricked us. I think now you can understand why people are so suspicious here in AI.

For one good infor here, you have ten false infos and it's difficult to check who is right and who is wrong.

for the french : Je voudrais aussi que tu saches que le monde entier n'est pas aussi ignorant et stupide que toi et que la bonne education s'apprend toujours quand il le faut, doucement et tout au long de la vie = nice try, the french is a very difficult language