Best 15gig ipod case

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm looking for a good case for my new 15gig iPod which will protect it while working out.

Please only recommend cases that are already available (no "available soon" please).

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    this is the only one that i think is "shipping now"

here

looks like this:

i am probably waiting for this though:

here

shipping mid june is soon enough for me:

like how you can get to the hold button and the cradle better

might wait for a review or two as i can use the apple case for a while...want an armband holder for jogging, but i am not so sure i will like it...it might just feel like it is constantly sliding off my arm (since i have such powerful muscles )

g
  • Reply 2 of 13
    I initially ordered the case from everythingipod.com, then I read some reviews on the Marware convertible case from Powerbookcentral.com and other places and cancelled my order for the other case. I have a new 3G Marware convertible case coming to me in the next week or two. I'm happy about that.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    *Now, I don't want to hijack the thread, but it would be stupid to create another thread basically regarding the same thing.*

I own a 10 gig 3rd Generation iPod, and I have been searching cases. Looking at some of the web sites linked above, I liked the DLO NeoPod iPod Protector. Does anyone have this case yet? Comments? The only thing I don't like about this case is that it doesn't cover the whole face of the iPod, but has cut outs for the buttons and scroll wheel. I don't know why did that since the buttons would work threw the material, they worked threw a cotton cloth for me. \

• Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

*Now, I don't want to hijack the thread, but it would be stupid to create another thread basically regarding the same thing.*

I own a 10 gig 3rd Generation iPod, and I have been searching cases. Looking at some of the web sites linked above, I liked the DLO NeoPod iPod Protector. Does anyone have this case yet? Comments? The only thing I don't like about this case is that it doesn't cover the whole face of the iPod, but has cut outs for the buttons and scroll wheel. I don't know why did that since the buttons would work threw the material, they worked threw a cotton cloth for me. \

I don't want to be a pest, but has anyone bought and received this case yet? Thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 13
    It came to my door, but I sent it back seeing as I ordered the Marware case. I was so close, but I just decided it wasn't enough...I had to have all the bells and whistles.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

It came to my door, but I sent it back seeing as I ordered the Marware case. I was so close, but I just decided it wasn't enough...I had to have all the bells and whistles.

Which case from Marware did you preorder, I was looking at the SportSuit? Basic? Marware, Inc.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Even though I don't have an iPod, I happen to like these cases.

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/....asp?dpno=8222

There is this plastic zip-up case that looked good, but I don't remember where I saw it. \
  • Reply 8 of 13
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    so when do the non-craptacular cases ship?

i need one for when i go biking so it needs to hang on tight. maybe i'll just add some velcro to my pocket.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Which case from Marware did you preorder, I was looking at the SportSuit? Basic? Marware, Inc.

The Sportsuit Convertible. The pics are higher up on this threat. It's got that nice hard plastic cover. you can read a review of the 1G and 2G version here...http://www.powerbookcentral.com/colu...wareipod.shtml
  • Reply 10 of 13
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Damn couldn't hey have made the screen protected by some clear vinly or something. From the top to right above the buttons. Thats really what i'm lookin for.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Just got the Marware Convertible iPod case today and it is AWESOME!!! My only complaint is that it protect the Pod SO well, you can't dock it because of the case of course, but it is kinda tough to get it out of the case if I wanna use the dock. It has a door on the bottom to provide access for the cable, so it's not a huge problem. But definitley one of the BEST cases for the iPod. Pics are posted earlier in the thread
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

Just got the Marware Convertible iPod case today and it is AWESOME!!! My only complaint is that it protect the Pod SO well, you can't dock it because of the case of course, but it is kinda tough to get it out of the case if I wanna use the dock. It has a door on the bottom to provide access for the cable, so it's not a huge problem. But definitley one of the BEST cases for the iPod. Pics are posted earlier in the thread

Does the case cover the whole front of the iPod or does it have cut outs for the buttons?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Does the case cover the whole front of the iPod or does it have cut outs for the buttons?

Cutouts for the buttons and scroll wheel. I like it actually. It makes it so the buttons aren't overly sensitive.