New 15" in Powerbooks ! Info

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hello Everyone..this is my first post so dont rip me to shreds ok?

Like a lot of people I am in the market for a laptop before I go off to school. So I head down to my local mac store and start up a conversation around with this Mac Sales Rep guy that works there. He is seriously a mac freak. I mentioned that I had heard that maybe new Powerbook would be available at WWDC on the 23rd and he almost sh*t a brick. he remarked "Oh my gosh ,No, thats impossible sorry, I dont know who told you that but they were dead wrong. 'I know everything about apple blah blah blah'" I was was like woah buddy calm down I didn't say I knew anything. So we talked for a bit longer and he said since he was involved with WWDC somehow that he couldnt talk about release dates. But he said stay away from te current 15" powerbooks, because there would be an announcement at WWDC of a hardware update to the 15" and that if i wanted a new powerbooks i could probably get one in Mid July.

Thats What Happened..Take it for what its worth.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    What?!?!

I don't get the "freaking out" part? What am I missing. You tell him "I hear 15" PowerBooks are coming at WWDC"

He spazzes and goes "no, you got it wrong...they're coming at WWDC! Wait!"

What the hell? Am I reading your post correctly?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    No No .. I am sorry for the confusion. He thought I said that they would be available at WWDC. But he promptly set me straight, and perhaps inadvertenly gave away suspected availability date.

ok? Maybe this is a stupid post. Oh well.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Cool, I get it now. ANNOUNCED at WWDC (but not available for another month)?

Sounds about like Apple

I BELIEVE IT!

"Announcing today, shipping August 4...we really think you're going to like them" [Steve dodges a barrage of tomatos and rotten canteloupes]
  • Reply 4 of 6
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    That would be nice if they shipped on August 4th ....thats my birthday.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    I'm in the market for a new 15" PB too.

Mid-July sounds good to me. Just hope there isn't a backlog like when the 17" was introduced.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Sounds like everyone is starting their own thread now claiming to have info ala Junkyard Dawg. Locked this thread is. If the person who started this thread has an issue with me locking it..send me a PM.

Post relevant info in the many other WWDC/Powerbook/970 threads.