eMac- power on by keyboard? and other questions...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Just bought this eMac to replace my iMac DV SE ( 400mhz ). Can the eMac be turned on by the keyboard? Also can anyone confirm if both my old iMac and the eMac use the same memory? The apple store dude says yes. If it does I have some extra memory to put in!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by clintphare

Just bought this eMac to replace my iMac DV SE ( 400mhz ). Can the eMac be turned on by the keyboard? Also can anyone confirm if both my old iMac and the eMac use the same memory? The apple store dude says yes. If it does I have some extra memory to put in!

Keyboard Power button? No... but the power button isn't too far away, on the right hand side.

CRT iMac and eMac sharing memory? Depends on which iMac you have, whether it has a slot loading or a tray loading CD drive. The tray one will definately not work, as it is the wrong physical size. The slot loading one would depend on the kind of memory in there now... it's the right physical size, but the speed of the chip may be too slow. (the slot iMac required 100MHz chips, the eMac requires 133MHz chips. Your iMac wouldn't have shipped with this type of chip, but if you purchased another one, it might work... 133MHz chips are backwards compatible.)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks for the info! I will have to look at the memory I have. Is it clearly labled on the memory what bus speed it is?