30 GB iPod for Price of 15 GB!

Comments

• Reply 61 of 85
    colby2000colby2000 Posts: 91member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

Looks like they are going to automatically cancel mine as of tommorow. They email me after business hours on friday and tell me I have until the 8th to tell them to continue with the order but they are closed until that time. What a bunch of ****ing idiots. How do they manage to stay in business?

There should be an emaail address in the email you got from them. Just send a message to that address, include your order number, and tell them not to cancel...you don't have to call them.
  • Reply 62 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by Colby2000

There should be an emaail address in the email you got from them. Just send a message to that address, include your order number, and tell them not to cancel...you don't have to call them.

Except that no one is there to handle the email. They are closed. I actually received two emails on Friday evening. The first said I must reply by 9:00 PM on the 9th. The second said my order would be cancelled if I did not let them know by the 8th.

Last time I placed an order with Dell they pulled the same delay with a hard drive except it took three weeks and several hours on the phone to get the order cancelled. Now I can't keep them from cancelling my order. Sheesh!

I never have problems like this when dealing with Apple. Hell, I never have problems like this dealing with anyone.
  • Reply 63 of 85
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    if anyone is still waiting to get their iPod... check this out... it seems you can get an ADDITIONAL $30-$50 off because of the delay!!! damn I shoulda ordered one....

anyone hear of any other deals?
  • Reply 64 of 85
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    I just called Dell. My iPod has shipped (arrives tomorrow) and they said they can't offer any more discounts. Also, I told them that their e-mail support is useless, but I doubt anything will happen with that comment, (even though he "made a note" about it). Grrr, Dell.

Andrew
  • Reply 65 of 85
    My 30 gb ipod arrived today. Dell never sent out a shipment confirmation email, which I find odd. But anyway, I'm quite in love with the ipod, although I hope never to be tempted to order from Dell again.

Hope those left of you waiting get your pods soon....
  • Reply 66 of 85
    razzfazzrazzfazz Posts: 728member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DeafeningSilence

My 30 gb ipod arrived today. Dell never sent out a shipment confirmation email, which I find odd.

Yeah, I didn't get a shipment confirmation email either, which seems kinda odd given that I actually signed up for that order notification thing on the web page. Anyways, the iPod is here, so I'm not complaining.
  • Reply 67 of 85
    jerremyjerremy Posts: 11member
    Hey Deaf and Razz,

When did you order yours? I ordered on 5/15.

My account still says it will ship by 5/30. I have called a few times the last couple of days... I finally got a hold of someone who would check more than just the online order info - she said she would call me back in the morning and never did...

So I haven't received a satisfactory answer yet...

I've been reading that people who ordered AFTER me have received thier iPods...

Jerremy
  • Reply 68 of 85
    razzfazzrazzfazz Posts: 728member
    I ordered on 5/18, and I agree that something fishy seems to be going on in your case.
  • Reply 69 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jerremy

When did you order yours? I ordered on 5/15.

I ordered on 5/15, also.
  • Reply 70 of 85
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I am now delayed until July 8th!

Man, I'm getting pissed now.

But I'll be damned if they'll get me to cancel my order!
  • Reply 71 of 85
    Flounder:

How do you know this? Did you get an email or is that a quote from customer service?

I have called a 4 times in the past week and a half, and they keep saying they don't know an estimated ship date because it's 'back-ordered with the manufacturer".

My order status page still says:

Estimated Ship Date: on or before 05/30/2003

The reps on the phone have been useless - it's pretty frustrating. Also, knowing that people who ordered after me (I ordered on 5/15) have received their orders...

I emailed this morning and I received this:

Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Care.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused due to delay in order.

I reviewed your account information in our database and I show

order number 353056295 is currently in backorder. We are unable

to provide any estimated ship date for the ipod since the item

is not available in stock. If you wish to change or cancel your

order for the same then please contact our sales department at:

1-800-915-3355

Extension: 43784

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit the

following website to contact us.

www.DellCustomerCare.com

Thank you once again for choosing Dell Customer Care. Have a

nice day.

Anyone else not receive their order yet?

- Jerremy
  • Reply 72 of 85
    Jeremy

I got an e-mail about it. This has happened three times now. Two or three days before it's supposed to be shipped date, I get an e-mail delaying it another ten days/two weeks.
  • Reply 73 of 85
    Hey again,

Jeez, I wish I'd get an email.

Does your order status update with the new date?

This is very frustrating.

I 'll post again if my situation is updated.

- Jerremy
  • Reply 74 of 85
    Quote:

Hey again,

Jeez, I wish I'd get an email.

Does your order status update with the new date?

This is very frustrating.

I 'll post again if my situation is updated.

- Jerremy

Nope, it still says on the website that it is scheduled to ship by may 29th. I'm going to give them a call sometime today or Friday.
  • Reply 75 of 85
    Hey Flounder,

Let me know what they tell you.

I'll post back if I hear anything as well.

-Jerremy

**Update**

Just got an email from Dell:

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 7/9/2003.

If you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order and receive a prompt refund.

---

And then the usual blah, blah about having to call or my order will be cancelled... I'm on hold right now.

They are trying ever so hard to get me to cancel it seems...

-Jerremy
  • Reply 76 of 85
    There is a GOD!

My iPod has FINALLY shipped!

Stupid e-mail confirmation didn't work for me either.

It apparently shipped on Friday so it should be here in the next day or two!

Patience is a virtue......
  • Reply 77 of 85
    Hi again Flounder,

Looks like I'm LAST on the list.

How do you know it shipped?

...Your order status page, or did you receive an email notification? I just checked my order page, and I just get the 5/30 expected ship date.

Let me know if you could.

Glad yours is on the way.

-Jerremy
  • Reply 78 of 85
    Quote:

Hi again Flounder,

Looks like I'm LAST on the list.

How do you know it shipped?

...Your order status page, or did you receive an email notification? I just checked my order page, and I just get the 5/30 expected ship date.

Let me know if you could.

Glad yours is on the way.

-Jerremy

I checked the order status page, no e-mail notification.

It said "shipped 6/20." It even gave the time, although I don't recall what that was.

I feel for you. I mean, you ordered yours four days before me!

I think it's time for some serious phone bitching. Insist on talking to someone higher up on the food chain.
  • Reply 79 of 85
    Hi Flounder,

Thanks for the update.

This is so frustrating...

I have called and emailed... I just get their poor customer service reps w/no satisfactory answers.

If you wouldn't mind - as ammo, could you email me off the board here with your order #? Then I can call them and say, "Hey, my new buddy Flouder ordered 4 days after me, and he gets his iPod - here's his order #."

If not - that's cool. It would just give me something to argue with.

Thanks for the info!

-Jerremy

jerremy at nycap dot rr dot com
  • Reply 80 of 85
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    I find Dell's customer service useless. You could try this technique I recently heard about called turboing . This article helps when trying to contact the higher-ups. When you have waited this long, you deserve some form of attention from the company. This shouldn't be tolerated. I am sorry this happened to you.