• Reply 101 of 146
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

Spymac in general isnt on anymore, Not loading for me Good riddance

i know, spymac sucked, it always took like 5 hours to load too
  • Reply 102 of 146
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    The image is still on the ThinkSecret boards. Better quality. Bet it is the real deal. It's Here
  • Reply 103 of 146
    mac gurumac guru Posts: 367member
    Guys I can't say much but I smuggled this out in my pants last night, I can't answer any questions....

Mac Guru
  • Reply 104 of 146
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    Dude no way the perspective on that apple logo is all wrong!! What are those stupid holes for!!

woh there were holes there a minute ago, this must be real they are trying to cover it up!!

nice work

edit: and you need to sloppily cut it out from the backround
  • Reply 105 of 146
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Great, MacGuru! Now that's a good looking case. (You forgot to blur a suspicious rectangular area around the end of the handle tho)
  • Reply 106 of 146
    Shhhh my sources are on to me!

:P

Mac Guru
  • Reply 107 of 146
    wb_dcwb_dc Posts: 2member
    This looks like a tower version of the Apple IIc. Did Apple re-hire frogdesign?
  • Reply 108 of 146
    snowysnowy Posts: 8member
    I dunno ... either the graininess has obscured the polish and details or this isn't it.

There are a lot of things that seem strange about this as a case design ... no rounded corners, the visual texture is all grate on the front and all smooth on the side, that's too heavy-handed to be an Apple design. Frankly, I don't think it looks good enough.

However, I do think that it will be in this nieghborhood, just that this isn't the one.

Not to mention the pants bit is a *littttle* hokey for my tastes.
  • Reply 109 of 146
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    can someone who saved it host it on an iDisc? I never saw it. I'd like to though.
  • Reply 110 of 146
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    onlooker. i posted a link to the photo above..... all right, here it is again:

lookee
  • Reply 111 of 146
    coscos Posts: 99member

A side by side comparison
  • Reply 112 of 146
    Uhhhhh WHY must everyone use SpyMac or Deviantart...

Get a free account here

only catch is you can't upload anything over 1MB in size with a free account. But at least they don't block remote images.

Mac Guru
  • Reply 113 of 146
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    here il host it for you for a while because i'm nice

Intresting to see how much better the current one looks, then again, you can't really compare until you see the real one if this one is real
  • Reply 114 of 146
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Thanks, COS. The perspective on the new one is really aggressive ... normal people don't take pictures like that. Didn't I read somewhere that Apple always used a standard angle on pictures of its boxes?
  • Reply 115 of 146
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally posted by COS

[

A side by side comparison

Just a small comment on the genuine MDD picture, that image has most likely been retouched to hell and back, and probably been distorted too, to try to square up the front.
  • Reply 116 of 146
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

Didn't I read somewhere that Apple always used a standard angle on pictures of its boxes?

No they don't, if you can find originals from Apple you'll find that they are at "similar" angles (ie they are all taken showing the non-opening side), but the perspective and actual angles are always different.
  • Reply 117 of 146
    johnjohn Posts: 99member
    Hey, anyone remember this one from AI's distant past? May 2001!

IIRC, it was created in response to one of the then-popular AI instigat--...er, "sources" But I don't remember the name now. (No, not WorkerBee, not Kormac...hrm, anyone?)
  • Reply 118 of 146
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clive

No they don't, if you can find originals from Apple you'll find that they are at "similar" angles (ie they are all taken showing the non-opening side), but the perspective and actual angles are always different.

Some recent ones from apple-history.com . . . . I believe they take them directly from the Apple shots.

• Reply 119 of 146
    The halftoning itself doesn't scream 'fake' at me, but the following does: looking at a blow up of the image, the dot spacing of the half tone does not change around the crinkles/folds in the image. If the original image was a halftone that got crumpled, the density of dots would change at the folds in the paper, which they dont.

Either that, or I'm paying waaaay to much attention to this.
  • Reply 120 of 146
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    My friend Nellie thinks you should all just shut up and wait.

It's only six days!!!