How sane are you?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ever wondered what those "ink blot" cards that psychologists use are for?

Wondered what exactly you are supposed to see in them and what it says about you?

Then take the RORSCHACH test.

DISCLAIMER: You could find out some unsettling stuff about yourself - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i dont think those tests are supposed to have predefined answers. most of what i saw was not one in the responses. having predefined answers corrupts a person's real choice, because many people will pick one that they didn't initially see, but instead see because they were looking for it (from the answer list).
  • Reply 2 of 11
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

i dont think those tests are supposed to have predefined answers. most of what i saw was not one in the responses. having predefined answers corrupts a person's real choice, because many people will pick one that they didn't initially see, but instead see because they were looking for it (from the answer list).

These tests are like loaded dice. They have predictive cultural biases written into them. ( unitentionally of course )

If I had to go out into the desert without the aid of my aboriginal mates, I'd die of thirst , exposure or malnutrition within a short space of time.

An IQ test result of 200 + wouldn't help me there any more than a Rorschach test would fairly masure the intelligence of any one of my aboriginal mates, survival abilities.

So until someone comes up with a more openly universal test that includes such abilities as well as measures emotional quotients etc..I'll just ignore it.

Ps you get bonus IQ points if you can say Rorschach quickly again and again, without tripping over your tongue.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    well this test is just silly as one can tell from the answers
  • Reply 4 of 11
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    yeah, that was a waste of time.

This test is a real one from the Rorschach Society of North America.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Your responses indicate that you secretly wish for the Apocalypse. You need treatment for this, like not watching so much CNN. It also appears that you're very mistrustful of red cars, toilet paper, and the sky. If untreated, you will end up being one of those people who keep 100 cats in their house. People who answer as you did think the moon landing was a hoax.

some of you who have been around here long enough may find that amusing
  • Reply 6 of 11
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Diagnostic Overview:

Your responses indicate that you secretly wish for the Apocalypse. You need treatment for this, like not watching so much CNN. It also appears that you're very mistrustful of red cars, toilet paper, and the sky. If untreated, you will end up being one of those people who keep 100 cats in their house. People who answer as you did are basically suckers, destined to be taken advantage of. Get used to it.

I don't like that last bit.

Long-Term Prognosis:

Because you have no regard for human life, fair play, or mercy, your only career choice is to be a lawyer. Although debilitating, this kind of emotional disorder is treatable with a strict regimen of drug therapy and shock sessions. You may never be completely normal, but this mental illness will not be passed on to your offspring.

Oh boy! Drugs! *claps*
  • Reply 7 of 11
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wotan

blah blah blah...This test is a real one...blah blah blah

Holy fvcking shit. I need to go wash my eyeballs out with clorox now.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I am VERY sane.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DiscoCow

Holy fvcking shit. I need to go wash my eyeballs out with clorox now.

Your a scream DiscoCow.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Your responses indicate you're probably wearing leather undies right now, and maybe something that buzzes. That's really far ou-, err, I mean, that's bad, very bad. This kind of thing is starting to make you awkward and uncomfortable with normal, healthy human interaction. (Not that you give a damn, you pervert.) People who answer as you did steal from the collection plate.

That is grand
  • Reply 11 of 11
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    I think I have the worst one:

Quote:

Diagnostic Overview:

Your responses indicate that the whole world thinks you're insane, except for your friends deep with in the Earth. Electroshock therapy might help, but arsenic will cure those voices in your head for sure. You also have unfounded delusions of adequacy. People who answer as you did spend more time on the internet than is emotionally healthy.

That last sentence might be true!

Quote:

Long-Term Prognosis:

Because of your impairments, your life is destined to be one long train-wreck. A lobotomy might possibly give you a better outlook and more insight into your own behavior. It would also keep you off the damn streets, which everyone agrees would be a good thing. PS- You hate your mother and father; you only think you love them. Isn't that weird?

Well, shucks.