New Kasper Jade Story

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here it is!

Quote:

ambush of cease-and-desist greeting cards sent to "Kaspar Jade."

Much funnier than the previous story, I think. Not as much information though. Apparently that pulled G5 photo was close to real.

I think the Intel reference is as believable as Steve eating steak, though.

Barto

PS Hello MacRumors.com readers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Interesting post. Links are a bit...scary.
  • Reply 2 of 46
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    mr jade certainly is putting his reputation on the line with these three posts...time has a funny way of telling who knows what and who is just toying with the mac crazies...

a single slot loader would surprise me...perhaps the top grill flips up or down to reveal a tray for a second drive...

g

and can anybody clue me in on the intel/SJ comment at the end...
  • Reply 3 of 46
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Wow. That was so poorly written, it took a lot of effort to read. It seems, in general very shobby.
  • Reply 4 of 46
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

a single slot loader would surprise me...perhaps the top grill flips up or down to reveal a tray for a second drive...

g

The second drive is obviously mounted upside down. The piece with the "slot" comes out, and you put one CD on the top and one on the bottom.
  • Reply 5 of 46
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Trying to be to much like "as the apple turns"
  • Reply 6 of 46
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spart

Interesting post. Links are a bit...scary.

• Reply 7 of 46
    Gah.

I have already followed that link, lured by the mention of breasts in the file name.

You need modding.

• Reply 8 of 46
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Wow that sucked. I'm not going to point out the glaringly obvious need for an english speaking editor, because it should be, well, glaringly obvious. Oh, did I just point it out?

• Reply 9 of 46
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Transvestite mac users group?
  • Reply 10 of 46
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

I think the Intel reference is as believable as Steve eating steak, though.

Barto

I don't know, with what's been reported on AI lately, I think there is something to it. If buy some remote chance Apple does release a X86 box along side a G5 box, what system do you buy? I'd hate that decision.
  • Reply 11 of 46
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    He's not trying to be AtAT, he's trying to be The Naked Mole Rat. Odd, or maybe sly, how he refers to one mole rat, but links to not our favorite Gay Blade.

OK, I've decided, I can't imagine Jon Ives designing a PowerMac with those slots/stripes and those weird bays. I try to have some fun, but it's not coming to me with that image anyway.

PS: what reputation?
  • Reply 12 of 46
    Agreed, this much more in the attempted style of the Gay Blade, with references to NMR and cross-dressing boys, than AtAT. Reading it makes me appreciate how much better the NMR reports are written. Unfortuneately, the GB doesn't seem to get many chewy info nuggets tossed his way lately. Hey Insiders, toss the Blade a bone (he like bones) so we could have some good depraved reading.

As for the article de jour (spelling??), doesn't say much other than a definitive maybe something like that. Maybe Xserves, maybe something regarding Intel-hmm
  • Reply 13 of 46
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Kasper's having his fun. He probably popped his head in here about six hours ago and saw all the fuss over the enclosure pic, and decided to give it a little send-off. Basically, he's having fun at our expense.
  • Reply 14 of 46
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
  • Reply 15 of 46
    You on the run?

Quick, Apple Legal Rep at four o'clock!
  • Reply 16 of 46
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Quote:

But I by no means meant to imply that the intel bit, or even the xserve bit, had any relevance to the WWDC.

huh?

xserve and intel are unrelated or pur hyperbole...

still confused...
  • Reply 17 of 46
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Gee, does that mean they are going to revoke your Press Passes for the WWDC. Bummer...
  • Reply 18 of 46
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

Gee, does that mean they are going to revoke your Press Passes for the WWDC. Bummer...

there is going to be press at WWDC??? i thought it was a developer show?
  • Reply 19 of 46
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

there is going to be press at WWDC??? i thought it was a developer show?

you done thought right.
  • Reply 20 of 46
    I think the reason for the awful writing style of this piece is that Kasper is trying too hard to imitate the Gay Blade. Such a shame, because I was totally groovin' to the Cantina bit, and didn't Kasper write that? It didn't feel like he was trying to imitate anyone else in Cantina, and that I think is the key.

Not much info in the story, and I still say this case is not happening. Apple isn't going to downgrade the Powermacs to 1 optical drive bay after modding El Capitan for two drive bays. Not gonna do it.