New Kasper Jade Story

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

I think the reason for the awful writing style of this piece is that Kasper is trying too hard to imitate the Gay Blade. Such a shame, because I was totally groovin' to the Cantina bit, and didn't Kasper write that? It didn't feel like he was trying to imitate anyone else in Cantina, and that I think is the key.

Not much info in the story, and I still say this case is not happening. Apple isn't going to downgrade the Powermacs to 1 optical drive bay after modding El Capitan for two drive bays. Not gonna do it.

What do you think that big space above the slot load drive is for?

The awful writing style is on PURPOSE...man I cannot believe you are all dissecting the writing style instead of the info. Would you rather have nothing at all?
  • Reply 22 of 46
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    Because you presented it in such a way that you have to wade through a ton of crap to FIND the info.

Just post bullet items instead

makes it a lot easier and a lot less aggravating!
  • Reply 23 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by cinder

Because you presented it in such a way that you have to wade through a ton of crap to FIND the info.

Just post bullet items instead

makes it a lot easier and a lot less aggravating!

Posted by Kasper in THIS thread:

Quote:

Unfortunately, it is safer for us to write these articles in jumbled dialect these days.

Apple is NOT happy with us and we really just re-started publication a week or so ago.

• Reply 24 of 46
    alexanderalexander Posts: 206member
    Seems like AI imploded on itself again. Anyone have it in their cache?
  • Reply 25 of 46
    In light of my previous post I would like to say that I prefer Kasper to write any story in any style rather than no story at all. I'm enjoying this whole rumors stuff greatly. Its like a giant reality TV show we are all participating in. Its all good fun (until a worker bee gets fired, off course). Carry on...
  • Reply 26 of 46
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    whats the dizzle appleinsizzles... can't access shit from www.appleinsider.com... i'll restate the asking of anyone who has the article in their cache, post it here!!!
  • Reply 27 of 46
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CDonG4

whats the dizzle appleinsizzles... can't access shit from www.appleinsider.com... i'll restate the asking of anyone who has the article in their cache, post it here!!!

Over even just a recap. What the hell did he say?
  • Reply 28 of 46
    Lost my cache, but he said something about his kid overhearing a conversation regarding the new systems and that the kid drew a picture (THE picture-we're all talking about). But, he left it with some uncertainty as to the clairvoyent powers of his child (my cache did save a nice picture of the linked elementary school-interested, I didn't think so). So my take was that this ment that the picture may be fake but not so far of base?? Then there was some suggestions regarding the Xserve, maybe new Xserve-very vague. Also Steve is going to meet with Intel, why? I don't know. Sorry if I'm unclear, but I've read too many posts today and they are all just one big blur..
  • Reply 29 of 46
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

Lost my cache, but he said something about his kid overhearing a conversation regarding the new systems and that the kid drew a picture (THE picture-we're all talking about). But, he left it with some uncertainty as to the clairvoyent powers of his child (my cache did save a nice picture of the linked elementary school-interested, I didn't think so). So my take was that this ment that the picture may be fake but not so far of base?? Then there was some suggestions regarding the Xserve, maybe new Xserve-very vague. Also Steve is going to meet with Intel, why? I don't know. Sorry if I'm unclear, but I've read too many posts today and they are all just one big blur..

Thanks.

Sounds like a big mess.
  • Reply 30 of 46
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

post the pic.
  • Reply 31 of 46
    For the most part he said that the case design we saw today was close. That Apple Legal has been sending a "Kasper Jade" ceast and desist 'greetings' That the new Xserve + Hypertransport + OSX Server Panther will pose a serious threat in the server area. And that Jobs has been having some high level meetings with Intel but this is not to be perceived as having anything to do with what is being announced at WWDC.
  • Reply 32 of 46
    So nobody has the complete article?
  • Reply 33 of 46
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

post the pic.

It looked exactly like the other pics going around.
  • Reply 34 of 46
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

It didn't feel like he was trying to imitate anyone else in Cantina, and that I think is the key.

What are you talking about, Dawg, he was immitating your old posts!
  • Reply 35 of 46
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    don't need the article...bodhi told you everything the article said, but much quicker and more concise...you can actually understand it now...

as for the one bay...i mentioned it and i think bodhi backed up the fact that perhaps one drive is slot loading and one drive is under the grill just about the slot drive...

the real thing will look nicer than these images...plus it will be a freaking 970 chip with better bus and hypertransport and all that shitttz...so everyone be happy...

g
  • Reply 36 of 46
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Apple isn't going to downgrade the Powermacs to 1 optical drive bay after modding El Capitan for two drive bays. Not gonna do it.

I don't understand this thing about "two drive bays", El Capitan has had two drive bays since it was introduced as the B&W, I should know, I've one sitting next to me, photo to prove it desired.

And "crumpled paper" seems to have at least two, if not three front bays.

I also don't understand people going on about "two optical bays", like Apple ships with two opticals (like those cheap PCs)!?

What am I missing.
  • Reply 37 of 46
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clive

I don't understand this thing about "two drive bays", El Capitan has had two drive bays since it was introduced as the B&W, I should know, I've one sitting next to me, photo to prove it desired.

And "crumpled paper" seems to have at least two, if not three front bays.

I also don't understand people going on about "two optical bays", like Apple ships with two opticals (like those cheap PCs)!?

What am I missing.

1.) Before the mirrored drive doors it was not possible to have dual optical drives in an Apple tower

2.) with the mirrored drive door powermacs apple began shipping dual optical drive macs
  • Reply 38 of 46
    ah, now the frontpage is back.
  • Reply 39 of 46
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Has AI returned to the smelly yet protective underwing of MacNN ??? The front page seems to suggest that, even links to it!
  • Reply 40 of 46
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    they have been linked to macNN since the "first" iTMS story