Time Out

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Yes, I understand the reasoning behind the login during these frantic times, but I sometimes just like to browse AI and when I'm reading an long page of posts I get timed out. Could we perhaps get a temporary longer time out period?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    You're using Safari, right?

(Because I never experience that was you're saying)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    i sometimes leave my computer sitting to an A/I page all day and i've never been timed out.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Yeah, in Safari, I practically never time out. I can go for days at a time without logging back in. I can't recall ever having problems in Camino or Mozilla either.

The setting for "the time that a user must remain inactive before the unread posts are reset to read" is set to 900 seconds. Even with this, it should not be logging you out altogether.

At the others have said, what browser are you using?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Well i don't have an ISP at home, so I'm on Netscape at school and IE on a Windows box at work.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Are you getting logged out with both browsers?

I'm really at a loss so far. \ Hopefully someone else has some ideas.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Well not with Navigator, but at school I rarely have time even hit the lab unless it's school work related. But at work I have hours on that third shift where I'll logon make a few posts and then browse for aprox 15 minutes until I find I've been timed out when I want to make another post.

Well I guess at this point my query is moot, being as I'm the only one having this occur, it's not a great inconvience.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    um, it's a feature? Yeah.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Well not with Navigator

Well, it's Windows. It's IE.

What more need I say?