iPod Colour Screen

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just a whimsical post.

Wondering if I will have to wait a real long time before Apple releases an iPod that features a color screen.

And a means by which I could store my family pictures in it along side my music selection..?

Could you imagine how many Jpegs you could store...or dare I even dream of Mpegs as well...Well I live and dream.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    perhaps the wider adoption of OLEDs will make an ipod with a colour screen possible in the next 18 months. I wouldn't be surprised. A handful of "cute" things could be added... like a visualizer, and the display of album artwork. The screen is conveniently square, and well suited to showing album artwork

I'm all for a colour screen....
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Yea, color is not gunna happen for a long time.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Yea, color is not gunna happen for a long time.

Hmmm..That's what was said when the original macs came out..Didn't take long for the color classic to suddenly arrive tho.\

Apple is pretty savvy about listening to consumer demands..so my bet is that they're probably working on one right now...

To me this would make sense, particularly in the light of how Mobile ( cell ) phones are now sporting colour screens with image function...\\

Colour is going to happen the only thing in question is probably the time line. It would make sense to release it in time with a Pc iTunes music shop.

Whimsy...hmmm maybe just hopeful wishing...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Aquafire, you don't have Private Messages on? Bummer.