Krispy Kreme Donuts

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ahhhh How many here have had KK before?

The following are pics of a trip to KK in my area:

They are just about the best donuts on the planet if not the best. They are perfect when they are just made. "Hot Now"

How many of you AI geeks have had the worlds best donut ?

Fellows

Comments

• Reply 1 of 52
    I am proud to say I grew up in Winston-Salem, NC -- the home of Krispy Kreme.

Best. Donuts. Evar.
  • Reply 2 of 52
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    me.

but not too many at a time. rumor has it they are fattening. i will withhold judgement until "new order" or "moki" confirms this on krispykremeinsider.com
  • Reply 3 of 52
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

I am proud to say I grew up in Winston-Salem, NC -- the home of Krispy Kreme.

Best. Donuts. Evar.

That was FAST You corrected my spelling error. THANKS!

BTW great job on the GMAC video!

Fellows

Ahhh I need to go to KK!!!
  • Reply 4 of 52
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    droool...

though it may not be believable, once when i was in 7th grade i ate 6 dozen of the regular glazed kind in one sitting, it took about 4 hours all told...

suffice it to say, they are still my favorite donut...
  • Reply 5 of 52
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I'm terrified of initializing "Krispy Kreme" for fear of hitting the K key one too many times.
  • Reply 6 of 52
    Had em before but I am a very health conscious person so I do not eat them or else I go against my nutritional standards...they were great however.
  • Reply 7 of 52
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    As a WA state transplant to NC, I got indoctrinated to the Church of Krispy Kreme as the very first thing. No, seriously. Crossed the VA/NC border, and the very first stop was the KK in downtown Raleigh, at Peace and Person.

I now live 5 minutes from there.

Why I haven't gained 50lbs, I have no idea.
  • Reply 8 of 52
    yeahhh....... no. I didn't really like them when I had 'em.
  • Reply 9 of 52
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    I wonder how much $$ FCiB is getting from KK for posting this thread.
  • Reply 10 of 52
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    In school i was officially known as the "Krispy Kreme" guy.... brought boxes of em everyday.

I actually saved the boxes and filled up lockers in the locker room with them... pretty funny, but perhaps thats why roaches the size of rats were found in the lockerroom \
  • Reply 11 of 52
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    My boy scout troop used to sell them door to door on Saturday to make money.
  • Reply 12 of 52
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    When our 11-12 little league team started to "gel" into a fighting unit and we started to believe that we were winners the coach convinced our parents and/or our little league association to let us buy ourselves new uniforms. To help allay the costs we spent half a Saturday sprinkled around one part of the county, teamed up to sell boxes of Krispy Kremes at intersections. I still remember that warm Summer morning, the mist hanging in the air at our sleepy country intersection....the soft whooshy sound of approaching cars...the cicadas in the trees starting to clatter into their buzzsaw racket. Almost every adult that stopped smiled, even if they weren't buying a box.

It was an important part of a true Southern childhood. Knowing that the rest of the country now eats "our" Southern doughnuts pulls a twang of jealousy somewhere down in my soul....it's like the rest of the world is trying to horn in on "our thing". If I had grown up in Winston-Salem I'd be an insufferable bastard about it~
  • Reply 13 of 52
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Well, I guess that is another thing that I disagree with Fellowship about - I hate donuts.
  • Reply 14 of 52
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Nobody up here had heard about them until about a year and half ago, now they have them in my local grocery store.
  • Reply 15 of 52
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I had one once . . . .
  • Reply 16 of 52
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    KK's are good, although you must have never had local dutch country goodness of Achenbach Donuts

haha their talent seems to be in baking, not making websites

or Good's Chips ...talk about bad for you, i never liked them but peopel seem to love them, haha barenaked ladies wrote a song about them when they did a concert in this area (the chips are fried in pure lard haha)
  • Reply 17 of 52
    I've never had KK but up here in Canada, Tim Hortons is basically a religion. Everybody loves Tim's........
  • Reply 18 of 52
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Is that where "timbits" come from. Wouldn't you know it a Canadian at work, Tim, brings them in once a week.
  • Reply 19 of 52
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    To taste a Krispy Kreme doughnut is to grasp something that is beyond the realm of mortality.

Although it is only a rare occasion for me to feel this joy, I must say that the experience of a Krispy Kreme doughnut is more amazing than winning the lottery & conquering mount Everest, while having fantastic sex with two gorgeous runway models (who happen to be twins that don?t speak a word of english) all while high on LSD (which enforces that wonderful feeling that you are in fact, God)

Krispy Kreme is the highest realm of consciousness & enlightenment a human can achieve, and is sacred beyond all other things.

That is why while in the process of writing this, it was imperative for me to bathe in fresh spring water and sacrifice two goats before I could type the holy words ?Krispy Kreme?
  • Reply 20 of 52
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I don't like 'em so much. Too strong.