Wwdc

Comments

• Reply 741 of 770
    aphelionaphelion Posts: 736member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rmendis

I'd agree that perhaps right now is not the time, but definitely this year...

Not only not now, but not this year either. Apple will not make a move of that magnitude until the G5 is fully rolled out across the product lines, and AAPL stock reflects this change of fortunes.

When SGI stock dropped below $.50 I thought for sure that Apple would buy them, so I bought SGI (@ $.66 a share). That didn't come to pass, but two months later I sold it @ $4+ per share and was pretty happy about it. But that was then and this is now.

I still believe that a partnership with IBM is much more likely, and much less risky than a purchase of SGI. However, if that does not come to pass then Apple will have to find another way into the high end, and SGI might just help them there.

Aphelion ...
  • Reply 742 of 770
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    hey, is Apple.com down or is my windows computer stupid?
  • Reply 743 of 770
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

hey, is Apple.com down or is my windows computer stupid?

apple is down...probably getting ready for next week...will have intermittant down time till monday morning

g
  • Reply 744 of 770
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

apple is down...probably getting ready for next week...will have intermittant down time till monday morning

g

up for me.
  • Reply 745 of 770
    aphelionaphelion Posts: 736member
    still down for me ... ?
  • Reply 746 of 770
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    down for me too, try refreshing
  • Reply 747 of 770
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aphelion

still down for me ... ?

It looks like a DNS problem. Try 17.112.152.32.
  • Reply 748 of 770
    Thought I entered an internet masturbation forum...down for me...mines down too....its up for me..
  • Reply 749 of 770
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Looks like Apple.com is back up.

For those of you who will be available all day Monday (i.e., students not working, teachers not working, people who are taking the day off), could you guys please post a link to the keynote speech after it's been presented for those of us who work (and won't get to find out anything til around 7 p.m. that night)?

I mean, I could probably find it eventually on Apple's website or somewhere else, but it would be great if somebody could put it here straight so we can have the "experience." I want to feel the excitement on the back of my neck!!

Oh, yeah, and if nothing comes out but Panther, don't worry about doing anything.

Thank you
  • Reply 750 of 770
    hmm i got a mail from mac mall, "mega mac sale on Xserve & Xserve RAID" "We've gone Bonkers" "Instant Savings! Price too low to show!"

Think this means something?

Although they have been having alot of sales lately on stuff in general..
  • Reply 751 of 770
    lucylucy Posts: 44member

There had to be one posted today.

1987 Cherry Garcia anounced

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream and the Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcia announce a new ice cream flavor.

Anything better/more relevant?
  • Reply 752 of 770
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

hmm i got a mail from mac mall, "mega mac sale on Xserve & Xserve RAID" "We've gone Bonkers" "Instant Savings! Price too low to show!"

Think this means something?

Although they have been having alot of sales lately on stuff in general..

Why have a sale 4 days before your stock goes out of date? That's what you do 4 weeks before a keynote.
  • Reply 753 of 770
    Here's a question for y'all:

Do you think that somebody from IBM will get up on stage with Steve during the Stevenote? I seem to recall something on MR about this, but can't find it now.

If so, do you think he will discuss:

General technical overview (advantages of 970, bakeoff, et al)?

Developer-related stuff (we see here how the ALU and FPU share their design with the Power 4 blah blah)?

Business-related stuff (Apple and IBM will be working together to provide processors for all future Apple computers, etc.)?

A make-out fest with Phil Schiller?
  • Reply 754 of 770
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacGregor

Why have a sale 4 days before your stock goes out of date? That's what you do 4 weeks before a keynote.

And when's NAB again?
  • Reply 755 of 770
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Time now 00:56 on the 21 of June in Norway.

So it's two days left

No trivia today. It just doesn't matter right now.

Still in shock.

netro
  • Reply 756 of 770
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    "Time now 00:56 on the 21 of June in Norway.

So it's two days left

Still in shock."

You have said all there is to say!
  • Reply 757 of 770
    rmendisrmendis Posts: 71member
    Quote:

Originally posted by anand

"Time now 00:56 on the 21 of June in Norway.

So it's two days left

Still in shock."

I have to say that i'm excited too...but at the prospect of seeing my boyfriend after 6 months. (Not had sex in a long time). So at the moment i really couldn't care less how many MHz the G5 is gonna be
  • Reply 758 of 770
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rmendis

I have to say that i'm excited too...but at the prospect of seeing my boyfriend after 6 months. (Not had sex in a long time). So at the moment i really couldn't care less how many MHz the G5 is gonna be

At least one AI member has a life
  • Reply 759 of 770
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    Quote:

Still in shock.

Snap.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 760 of 770
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member