Krispy Kreme?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
WTF is that about? You're just toying with us now! It's not fair! We're all very fragile with WWDC a few days away.

Barto

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    What's it all about?

Just the Best Donut Evar?, that's all.

You should try one hot and fresh if you haven't already. Hell, you won't be able to have just one hot. If they don't have Krispy Kremes where you live, I suggest an immediate departure to a more civilized part of the world.
  • Reply 2 of 38
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    We iz plenty civilized in Austraya even if we don't got no Krispy Kremes! We 'ave BEER!
  • Reply 3 of 38
    wxkeithwxkeith Posts: 1member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

WTF is that about? You're just toying with us now! It's not fair! We're all very fragile with WWDC a few days away.

Maybe it's a reference to the collective wetting of our pants that we'll all be doing after the keynote next week.

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Keith
  • Reply 4 of 38
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

just one

• Reply 5 of 38
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

We iz plenty civilized in Austraya even if we don't got no Krispy Kremes! We 'ave BEER!

Beer & Donuts...MMMMMMMM...( Does a Homer Simpson Drool )

Could it get any better than that...
  • Reply 6 of 38
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:

just one

• Reply 7 of 38
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Ah yes, single processor PowerMacs.
  • Reply 8 of 38
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I have yet to have a krispy kreme straight outta the oven, but I have had the packaged ones many time, and even those were quite good.

Perhaps it's refering to how we will all kreme(sic) our pants when we see what WWDC has to offer
  • Reply 9 of 38
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

What's it all about?

Just the Best Donut Evar?, that's all.

You should try one hot and fresh if you haven't already. Hell, you won't be able to have just one hot. If they don't have Krispy Kremes where you live, I suggest an immediate departure to a more civilized part of the world.

Quote:

Originally posted by Spart

Ah yes, single processor PowerMacs.

Wouldn't Brad's post suggest the entire line up is dual processors (or at least dual something)? We are NOT able to have just one?

Barto
  • Reply 10 of 38
    Fran441 had never heard of Krispy Kreme until today. Let's all publicly give him hell for that

Shame on you, Fran. Do you support the terrorists, or are you with us??
  • Reply 11 of 38
    Ever notice how a box of Krispy Kremes is kinda sorta shaped like the Xserve?

• Reply 12 of 38
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    guys: there's no inside information in the glazed 5th element becoming a donut.

Nothing at all pertaining to WWDC.

Stop digging.
  • Reply 13 of 38
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I think it has to do with the two perpetual product placements on Buffy: Macs and Krispy Kremes!
  • Reply 14 of 38
    gakuseigakusei Posts: 35member
    Quote:

there's no g5 at WWDC.

• Reply 15 of 38
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

guys: there's no inside information in the glazed 5th element becoming a donut.

Nothing at all pertaining to WWDC.

Stop digging.

So this means you want us to stop referring to the new PMs as the "G5", and instead you want us to begin screwing around with some new ideas for other possible names, like the "PowerMac 970" or "PowerMac Extreme". Because on the 23rd "The New PowerGrannySmith" might just be the thing that will be on all of our minds! Not the "G5". Right?
  • Reply 16 of 38
    alexanderalexander Posts: 206member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

I have yet to have a krispy kreme straight outta the oven, but I have had the packaged ones many time, and even those were quite good.

Um, yeah. Cold, they're a decent donut, but not really anything to write home about. Hot, they're really something quite different. If you have a store near you, you really owe it to yourself to try one.

Alex
  • Reply 17 of 38
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    My oh my! After eating all those Krispy Kremes, I think I'll need assistance judging the future megahertz of the new powermacs.

-DCQ
  • Reply 18 of 38
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

Perhaps it's refering to how we will all kreme(sic) our pants when we see what WWDC has to offer

Only if yours is krispy.

-DCQ

• Reply 19 of 38
    jobesjobes Posts: 106member
    extraordinary

i'm irish, and when my sister and i hit california last year, we had to go to Krispy Kreme and In & Out Burgers. Damn, that sh1t is the personification of all that is good with US junk food and the whole drive-in americana culture.

Hot fresh doughnuts (and yes we dug the 'proper' spelling too) were gob-smackingly good, but i could eat three before my head started to spin with the vast amounts of sugar. Being able to watch them make those puppies fresh on a conveyor belt smote me with an eternal love of KK goodness. Oh, and i got a camp paper hat too ...

Frankly i don't care if the speedhole graphic is utterly irrelevent. It seems it has introduced lots of people to the glories, nay, the perfection that is krispy kreme. and if you live in the contiguous states, do yourself a favour and get down to your nearest vendor. I get wet feet and have to go several thousand miles every time i want one from over here

PS Brad, isn't Raleigh, NC the home of KK? i only ask cos my mate lives there. Now i'm starting to see them paying you for some product placement, as they knew the traffic on this rumour board would be so high before WWDC. Still i hope you get paid in more than just doughnuts or you will have crystallised blood sugar by Monday
  • Reply 20 of 38
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DCQ

My oh my! After eating all those Krispy Kremes, I think I'll need assistance judging the future megahertz of the new powermacs.

-DCQ