Apple leaks G5 specs

Comments

• Reply 101 of 1071
    bophasabophasa Posts: 36member
    I just called 1-800-MY-APPLE

I told the Salesperson I wanted to buy a new Powermac with the Stated specs and she said and I quote "You can't buy that right now as Apple does not comment on or let you buy future products". It is CONFIRMED.

• Reply 102 of 1071
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by moki

I would not want to be working at Apple tomorrow.

I feel bad for those that put so much work into the products. So close, yet so far.
  • Reply 103 of 1071
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    BUY YOUR STOCK NOW! PEOPLE NOW!
  • Reply 104 of 1071
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    So do I, but the alternative... er...

*SCHWING*
  • Reply 105 of 1071
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    I love it. "The world's fastest personal computer."

A big nice one-finger'ed salute to the entire Wintel world. Suck it Intel!
  • Reply 106 of 1071
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Of course, we *COULD* all be falling for the biggest yank on all of Macdom by some Dell-runnin' script kiddie... :P

If the hacker were a Mac hater, why would he post high end and believable specs? I don't think a hack job would be this subtle and elegant.
  • Reply 107 of 1071
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Hah! Store is back up and the image is still there.
  • Reply 108 of 1071
    Having had a few minutes to consider it....

Unbelievable upgrade. After a megahertz drought that threatened to kill the Mac once and for all...the Heavens open.

Oh how lush and welcoming this new land will be.
  • Reply 109 of 1071
    Well, the store is back up AND SO ARE THE G5'S TECH SPECS! Ahahahah? madness?
  • Reply 110 of 1071
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Cant wait to see AAPL tomorrow, haha.
  • Reply 111 of 1071
    apple store up.....image still there...hehehehehe
  • Reply 112 of 1071
    sunova...that really is a sweet machine...now...bring on the quads!
  • Reply 113 of 1071
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KidRed

They could very well be revamping their graphics to use a slightly bigger font. Relax, let us enjoy this.

I can *confirm* that they are redesigning the store just a little.

this is the link for the image:http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/...t1powermac.gif

now, copy that into your browser and muck around with the numbers at the end.

See the difference.

[edit: oh damn, the changed image is already gone. i've got it saved on my hard drive if someone can host it for me.]
  • Reply 114 of 1071
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

If the hacker were a Mac hater, why would he post high end and believable specs? I don't think a hack job would be this subtle and elegant.

If it were much more, we'd all be calling bogus, but this? This is just enough to make us all have geekgasms, and then look like hosers on Monday... as well as making Apple look beleaguered, not to mention what it'd do to the stock...
  • Reply 115 of 1071
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    The g5 specs are gone hit refresh cause its in ur cache

this is up now
  • Reply 116 of 1071
    mpls244mpls244 Posts: 61member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

Perhaps revealing phoney specs if only for a few minutes would be one way he could get his kicks!

That could only be true if the "fake" specs were an effort to lower expectations pre-event, and then Jobs could turn everyone's anger/disappointment around with the real (Better than expected) specs.

The fact that these specs are mind-blowing, in my mind, means they're credible. Jobs would NEVER release fake specs to whet the crowd's appetite, and then crush everyone's hopes later.

I mean, suppose on Monday it turns out to be 1.4, 1.6, dual 1.6. 30 minutes ago, we all would have cheered mightily at those numbers. After the leak, we'd all be a little bummed.

The specs are real.
  • Reply 117 of 1071
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Hah! Store is back up and the image is still there.

No it's not, it's gone. Back to G4 specs with smaller font. Maybe it was a hack?
  • Reply 118 of 1071
    bophasabophasa Posts: 36member
    This is what I see now that the store has come back up. Refresh your browers people. It is gone.

• Reply 119 of 1071
    Quote:

Originally posted by spacemonk

apple store up.....image still there...hehehehehe

It's 1.42 Ghz now. SOmeone call the apple store!
  • Reply 120 of 1071
    now its gone...hehehehhehee