PowerPerchG5 For New Power Macintosh G5

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Yep, my last topic was a real lie and was just to get some attention for a website that's not even mine for crying out loud. This is my last post here. Admin, please delete my account. I've had it with this forum. Thanks for the warm welcome. You made me feel right at home here NOT!

Quote:

-------Press Release------

PowerPerchG5 For New Power Macintosh G5

May 20, 2003 - For Immediate Release

Today, MacMice announces its PowerPerchG5 roller stand for the G3, G4,

and G5 Power Macintosh towers.

Nobody should put the world's fastest personal computer on the floor;

the dirt, dust, and gunk down there gets sucked into the Power Mac's

interior, as well as cakes the underside of these beautiful machines.

Our solution is to create the world's coolest roller stand for the

world's newest, most capable computer. The PowerPerchG5 is hand crafted

in the United States from Acrylite brand clear acrylic sheet, and is

specifically designed to highlight the gorgeous appearance of the new

Apple Power Macintosh G5. The upward tilt of the PowerPerchG5 is

intended to allow easier access to the G5's front located ports and

drive bays, as well as to impart an elegant, raked posture to the new

enclosure.

The PowerPerchG5 roller stand will start shipping on Friday, June 27th,

and is available for US$149.99 at the MacMice Workspace Products Co.

web site. ( http://www.macmice.com/powerperch.html )

-------Press Release------

Press Contact: Jack Campbell, President, MacMice Workspace Products Co.

Press Page: http://www.macmice.com/press_22.html

Product Page: http://www.macmice.com/powerperch.html

Since my account has been blocked per my request, and I'm not able to post here but still edit my messages, I've eddited this message.

There are some people here that suggest that the website I mentioned is my own. This is NOT true. I'm not in any way affiliated with that website, other than I'm just a regular visitor of that site.

Some people here suggest that what I've told are lies. First of all, the press release of MacMice is NO lie as you can see for yourself. Second, the rumors you are discussing are rumors, not FACTS. I've been discussing the same stuff. Are these lies?! Well, that depends on your definition of rumors. I just quoted some stuff from another website I thought might be interesting to share with you all.

The admins and moderators, and a few of the visitors here, give me the impression that I've landed on a forum with uptight frustrated kids who have nothing better to do than piss people off with false accusations and personal insults. Thanks for that you loosers!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Do people actually buy crap like this!?
  • Reply 2 of 31
    zazzaz Posts: 177member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clive

Do people actually buy crap like this!?

iCrap sells quite well.

And dare I say..some of it is actually useful.
  • Reply 3 of 31
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    This dumbass plastic cart is supposed to signal the coming of the new Powermacs? wtf??
  • Reply 4 of 31
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Now you can take your G5 out for walks and get it some excercise!
  • Reply 5 of 31
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Well.. Now if we could only convice MacMice to unwrap the brown paper covering the alleged G5, we would all be just SO happy.
  • Reply 6 of 31
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    worst. product. ever.
  • Reply 7 of 31
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    MacFreak, when you start off posting here with lies and deception just to get attention, people don't take too kindly to it.

If you want to be an accepted and productive part of these forums, then do what the rest of us do and post responsibly.
  • Reply 8 of 31
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacFreak

Thanks for the warm welcome. You made me feel right at home here NOT!

Lookit, sometimes the cause of failure does reside in oneself, rather than in the community wherein the failure took place. Meaning, maybe the scepticism you were greeted with stemmed forth from some crap you spewed.
  • Reply 9 of 31
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    MacFreak.. Don't listen to all this nonsense...

Most of the guys around here are lame ass' anyway.

I wouldn't stress out over the fact someone doesn't want to visit your website.
  • Reply 10 of 31
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    I don't think these eople have more info about G5s than we do, they've just picked up on the same rumors as us - isn't the bloke that runs this something to do with MacWhispers?
  • Reply 11 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clive

I don't think these eople have more info about G5s than we do, they've just picked up on the same rumors as us - isn't the bloke that runs this something to do with MacWhispers?

Yeah, Jack Campbell. Lots of stories about him floating around.
  • Reply 12 of 31
    alexanderalexander Posts: 206member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Yeah, Jack Campbell. Lots of stories about him floating around.

I particularly like the "iTilt" "notebook stand", which is -- get this -- a wire library book display frame.
  • Reply 13 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander

I particularly like the "iTilt" "notebook stand", which is -- get this -- a wire library book display frame.

Brilliant market repositioning.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    Perhaps somebody should let the PowerPerch people know that running 3.5" hard drives and 5.25" optical drives at an angle is not recommended.. they are supposed to be operated either horizontally or vertically. Funky angles can lead to dramatic slowdowns, or even damage.

-robo
  • Reply 15 of 31
    bihbih Posts: 44member
    Hmm, say what you will about some of MacMice's products (some are kind of rediculous), but the iBreeze is pretty cool.
  • Reply 16 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by robo

Perhaps somebody should let the PowerPerch people know that running 3.5" hard drives and 5.25" optical drives at an angle is not recommended.. they are supposed to be operated either horizontally or vertically. Funky angles can lead to dramatic slowdowns, or even damage.

-robo

It will be spun, using that flowery marketing language that he's so good at, as a feature. Such as:

"You may wonder why we've angled the PowerPerch! You'd be surprised at just how dirty a hard drive can get, and our engineers* have come up with a graceful solution. The PowerPerch holds your brand new Apple G5 computer at a 15 degree inclination, enabling the read head of the HD to lightly graze the surface of the drives in order to keep them clean and error-free.

*not accredited"
  • Reply 17 of 31
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    $149 for a plastic tray with 4 plastic casters?
  • Reply 18 of 31
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Moving to GD.
  • Reply 19 of 31
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KidRed

$149 for a plastic tray with 4 plastic casters?

i did, not this. it's called a "skateboard" and is very nice, the best looking one of these CPU "carts" i've seen. sure it's overpriced but i like the desgin of it
  • Reply 20 of 31
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    awww, someone took their ball and went home.....