DNA Do we really know all about it?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ena

I think DNA is probably a bad area---it's pretty easy to get lost in a lot of esoteric details, it would probably behoove most of us to all go get a copy of "DNA for Dummies".

No, it's pretty easy to read bits and pieces of an article, take the information that you think furthers your cause, and post that we are half bananas. Same old bullshit.
  • Reply 42 of 56
    xenuxenu Posts: 204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ena

I guess we can't have people running around "corrupting science"---especially the rock-solid bedrock of unwavering, testable evidence that is at the bottom of evolution.

Heavens no!

You are the perfect example.

Incapable, deliberately or otherwise, of understanding the difference between a theory/model developed from the evidence, and predictions made within the context of that theory/model.
  • Reply 43 of 56
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by xenet

...the difference between a theory/model developed from the evidence, and predictions made within the context of that theory/model.

I'm confused, which ones are testable and repeatable?
  • Reply 44 of 56
    xenuxenu Posts: 204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ena

I'm confused, which ones are testable and repeatable?

I rest my case.

• Reply 45 of 56
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I have no problem with scientists making discoveries that blow evolution out of the water. If it happens, it happens. I do have a problem with nitwits cutting and pasting snippets of articles written by real scientists and twisting the words to try to prove that we are half bananas. That same guy said that we aren't 1/4 dandelion so the idiotic conclusion that fellows came up with, based on the same scientist's article, that we are half banana is just utterly retarded.

It only demonstrates once again that real science cannot take place when people start with the conclusion and warp the universe around them in an attempt to make it fit. It's bullshit and I'm tired of it.

Oh, xenu...you give fellows too much credit with your logic examples. It's more like this:

Water is wet;

Giraffes have long necks.

Therefore computers grow on trees.

BR do you need a beer?

I mean I know you love to follow me around and be childish and all but you have ole fellows worried about you.

It's Friday, relax and get a nice cold beer and chill.

Fellows
  • Reply 46 of 56
    FCiB!!! It might be Friday where you're at but......

....oh shiit!!!
  • Reply 47 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by ena

FCiB!!! It might be Friday where you're at but......

....oh shiit!!!

????
  • Reply 48 of 56
    lost a day!! (thought it was Thursday)

I'm getting old!!
  • Reply 49 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

BR do you need a beer?

You are the one trying to say we are half bananas by quoting a scientist who clearly states that although we share 25% of our DNA with dandelions we are not one quarter dandelions.

You don't have a single shred of intellectual honesty and responding with things such as "Do you need a beer?" is just another defense mechanism used to change the subject and dodge deserved criticism.
  • Reply 50 of 56
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

You are the one trying to say we are half bananas by quoting a scientist who clearly states that although we share 25% of our DNA with dandelions we are not one quarter dandelions.

You don't have a single shred of intellectual honesty and responding with things such as "Do you need a beer?" is just another defense mechanism used to change the subject and dodge deserved criticism.

You need to chill out.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    I'd suggest either Banana beer or Dandelion wine.

Dandelion Wine

Ingredients:

*\t2\tqts.\tDandelion blossoms

*\t4\tqts.\tWater

*\t8\tWhole cloves

*\t1/2\tt\tPowdered ginger

*\t1\tC\tOrange juice

*\t3\tT\tLemon juice

*\t3\tT\tCoarsely chopped orange peel

*\t1\tT\tCoarsely chopped lemon peel

*\t3\tT\tLime juice

*\t6\tC\tSugar

*\t1\tpkg.\tDried yeast

*\t1/4\tC\tWarm water

Directions:

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Set aside.

Wash the dandelion blossoms well. Put them in the water with the orange, lemon and lime juices. Add the rinds, cloves, ginger and sugar. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for an hour. Strain through filter paper (coffee filters work great). Cool. While still warm (but not hot), stir in the yeast.

Let stand overnight and pour into bottles. Allow uncorked bottles to set in a darkened place for three weeks. Then cork and store bottles in a cool place. Makes about 4 quarts.

You'll feel a lot more like yourself after you consume this.
  • Reply 52 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by ena

I'd suggest either Banana beer or Dandelion wine.

Dandelion Wine

Ingredients:

*\t2\tqts.\tDandelion blossoms

*\t4\tqts.\tWater

*\t8\tWhole cloves

*\t1/2\tt\tPowdered ginger

*\t1\tC\tOrange juice

*\t3\tT\tLemon juice

*\t3\tT\tCoarsely chopped orange peel

*\t1\tT\tCoarsely chopped lemon peel

*\t3\tT\tLime juice

*\t6\tC\tSugar

*\t1\tpkg.\tDried yeast

*\t1/4\tC\tWarm water

Directions:

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Set aside.

Wash the dandelion blossoms well. Put them in the water with the orange, lemon and lime juices. Add the rinds, cloves, ginger and sugar. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for an hour. Strain through filter paper (coffee filters work great). Cool. While still warm (but not hot), stir in the yeast.

Let stand overnight and pour into bottles. Allow uncorked bottles to set in a darkened place for three weeks. Then cork and store bottles in a cool place. Makes about 4 quarts.

You'll feel a lot more like yourself after you consume this.

LOL
  • Reply 53 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

You are learning BR

My point is nothing more than exactly what you point out above.

While we may have a tad heavy of 25% of our DNA shared with dandelions we are not one quarter dandelions. Just as you say above.

Just the same while we share (fill in the blank 95-99%) DNA with chimps we are not (fill in the blank 95-99%) chimp.

Amazing the simple message I am saying in this thread that works up some here.

Fellowship
  • Reply 54 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

You are learning BR

Just the same while we share (fill in the blank 95-99%) DNA with chimps we are not (fill in the blank 95-99%) chimp.

Amazing the simple message I am saying in this thread that works up some here.

Fellowship

No, we aren't chimps. However, one can predict that our common ancestor isn't nearly as ancient as the link between humans and dandelions.