New Panther Pics

Comments

• Reply 21 of 208
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by long AAPL

Looks like we don't have a new two button mouse coming though. If you look at the control pannel, notice it is just the regular old pro-mouse. Maybe that icon will change though come the final version. \

Take a close look at the top of the mouse....where the wire usually is.

• Reply 22 of 208
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Hrm. I did get through to the post finally, but there aren't any pictures there.
  • Reply 23 of 208
    mrd125mrd125 Posts: 3member
    I don't see any images either.

Is it a bandwith issue, or did Apple pounce again?
  • Reply 24 of 208
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Alright here they are:

Pictures Removed. The moderator mirrored them. I don't need problems from Apple
  • Reply 25 of 208
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Can someone please set up a mirror? I'm getting 404s on the images.

EDIT: Thank you!
  • Reply 26 of 208
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wotan

Take a close look at the top of the mouse....where the wire usually is.

That's true.... but it is still a one button mouse which means I'll still have to use my Logitech mouse to be productive and happy.

Overall I like the quick silver look and for the most part what I've seen, but if this is all we get, I'll be kinda disappointed. I expected this to be BIGGER than Jaguar. What's the deal with censoring iChat. There must be some pretty kick a$$ features they're hiding to make the "Stevenote" at least somewhat exciting.

From what it looks like mail, address book, and ical could still be developed more and integrated more the way the iLife suite is. But maybe this is an early build. Maybe they will be released separately and just require Panther. Or maybe the features are just hidden in the menu bar. I guess we won't know until after Monday's "Stevenote."

One thing I know for sure though, Apple is back, and I want a Mac again!
  • Reply 27 of 208
    kneeknee Posts: 2member
    God, I really hope that have the brushed metal interface as an option, and not the default. What is Apple smoking? That stuff is just totally, brutally ugly.
  • Reply 28 of 208
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    I'm guessing theses pictures are from a early build. Also notice how strip out the control panel is?

If this were from a developer Apple wouldn't have changed the mouse icon, they wouldn't have wanted developers to know about exciting new hardware.

I like that a bunch of icons are blocked. either new apps or stuff that cna tie it to that person.

expose is a killer feature that will help with window clutter. I love it I've wanted something like this forever. Way to go Apple!
  • Reply 29 of 208
    zazzaz Posts: 177member
    Quote:

Originally posted by knee

God, I really hope that have the brushed metal interface as an option, and not the default. What is Apple smoking? That stuff is just totally, brutally ugly.

The caption seems to imply with 'here is the new Finder with the Brushed Metal appearance" that it is selectable.

While cool, they probably do not do Panther justice. Screens of Jag didn't seem like a big deal either... but then I used it and WOW.

Unlike hardware, it is pretty difficult to convey usablity and features with a screen grab.

Z
  • Reply 30 of 208
    simxsimx Posts: 21member
    Do do do! :whistles:
  • Reply 31 of 208
    Looks like Looprumors was correct about more brushed metal look
  • Reply 32 of 208
    Here's a mirror set up by me:

http://www.3mbc.com/panther
  • Reply 33 of 208
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    I think the brushed metal is going to be an "option"

MacRumors makes it sound like it "is" the new look. I think there will be an option to turn on the metal look.
  • Reply 34 of 208
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Very cool. I for one love the look of the "new" finder.
  • Reply 35 of 208
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Don't post mirrors on your .Mac accounts folks. Apple will terminate your accounts
  • Reply 36 of 208
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

dont host

remove those pics immediately or else apple will remove your account for you

Really? Are they jumping on this that quickly that your post was already removed? Or was that just your better judgement kicking in seconds after you posted?
  • Reply 37 of 208
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    If you can turn on the metal look how come it isn't on the menu bar? If that's the way it is that's kind of stupid. Personally I welcome the metal look but it should be system wide.
  • Reply 38 of 208
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Really? Are they jumping on this that quickly that your post was already removed? Or was that just your better judgement kicking in seconds after you posted?

i removed my post since i had provided inline links to the original pictures hosted on the original server but someone in this thread had already set up a mirror and provided inline images.

so, it was excessive
  • Reply 39 of 208
    simxsimx Posts: 21member
    Do do do! :whistles:
  • Reply 40 of 208
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    The mirrors are going down like flys! Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!