A "sad" day coming monday

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
That "sad" day is to me

After monday my SlowSilver? will worth less than a piece of pooh

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    Pfft. If your SlowSilver will be less than pooh, imagine what my Mystic will be worth.
  • Reply 2 of 30
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Pfft. If your SlowSilver will be less than pooh, imagine what my Mystic will be worth.

Imagine what my broken graphics and Lian-Li case Mystic will be worth...

Will I resist the tempation to spend my saved money on a Power Mac G5 instead of a car? No.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    HA! Imagine what my SL 600Mhz iMac will be worth!!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHH!!

Oh well I can't afford a new Powermac anyway so what do I care Good news tho....
  • Reply 4 of 30
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I still love my lime iMac.
  • Reply 5 of 30
    I came here to post the same thing. But, I still love my PowerBook (867 MHz)

I bought it at an akward time... 2 months after it came out. Then... WAM BANG KAPOWZA - new PowerBooks came out at MW2003! I thought for sure that would never happen! And now, these new processors are taking a huge leap ahead... HUGE! Oh well... \
  • Reply 6 of 30
    The way I see it: When I regain enough money to afford a new computer, I'll get one... and when I can afford it, it would be a better computer than if I bought one now... see! I found the loop hole!
  • Reply 7 of 30
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    Well how slow will my Bondi iMac be....

You know what I have a yearning to buy. Not a new Tower but a flower Power iMac. Anyone got one?
  • Reply 8 of 30
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Well... I *was* dumbfounded when I see that G5 spec image last night.. but will see on Monday.

I sold most of my Mac (iMac 233, 333, and PowerBook G4/400) last year. Then I bought the FW800 in late 2/2003.. (aka Last revision of PowerMac G4).

In my mind.. I believed that the G5 will be coming during Jan/2004 few months ago.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I still love my lime iMac.

Scott...

Just so you know. It's called a LiMac. I've got one too.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    I can't wait to see apple stock after WWDC. To bad i'm going to be gone to miss the keynote.

Good time on ebay though. If mac prices on previous models are going to drop, there might be some good deals. A G4 at 533MHz is still more than enough for a home server. If there down to $400 which they probalby will. Thad me awesome

On a iMac G3 600Mhz right now, going to be worth around like 2 bucks!!!!
  • Reply 11 of 30
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Crazy!

How much is my PM 6100 worth now? :P

But seriously, how much would a sawtooth G4/400, Radeon 8500, 704 MB RAM, DVD Drive tower be worth?
  • Reply 12 of 30
    you know what?? I've just bought dual 1.42 G4.....

I think I'm stupid as hell...

But I was kind of busy....
  • Reply 13 of 30
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    You're not as stupid as hell, atleast you didnt get a dell.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    If the computer of Leonis worth a poo, imagine what can worth my G3 333, and my i mac 266 ..;

I have also learn that my HP laserjet 4000 n do not work under os X : if i change my macs i have also to change my network printer
  • Reply 15 of 30
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by allegro

you know what?? I've just bought dual 1.42 G4.....

I think I'm stupid as hell...

But I was kind of busy....

enjoy the most powefull Apple computer ever, for two more days .

Anyway, whenever you buy a computer he is doomed to become an has been computer in only 6 months ...
  • Reply 16 of 30
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

That "sad" day is to me

After monday my SlowSilver? will worth less than a piece of pooh

And what about my LC475!!!!
  • Reply 17 of 30
    jidanjidan Posts: 4member
    Leonis... i understand.. my SlowSilver will also be much reduced in value

I wish i could sell it for a reasonable sum.. then buy a G5.. but i doubt the possibility.. also.. NZ has a very small secondary market for Mac sales..
  • Reply 18 of 30
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Of course, however, this is good news for those of us who really don't need a G5 but will be in the market for a good used G4.

On the other hand, we shall have to see what the price ranges will be for G4s after Monday. I think that they will be fairly reasonable, but certainly I don't expect that they will be given away...
  • Reply 19 of 30
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I plan on giving mine to my little sister. Well, once I can afford a brand spankin' new G5.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    Well... I understand the "Intent" of this thread, which is to half-heartedly vent about our computer's current speeds compared to the upcoming speed bump(s)... but...

I look at it this way. I have a G4 533Mhz and it is just as fast today as it was when I first bought it. It hasn't gotten any slower, so I have no complaints. Even if the new machines are 3, 4 or 5-times as fast as mne, it still hasn't slowed me down.

Why torture yourself with the speed of other machines unless your current one is not meeting your needs...? I do video editing, 3D rendering (LightWave), audio editing and print/web design. Using OSX, I have no issues running ALL my apps simultaneously and this is the fastest computer I've owned... and it's only a 533.

Be happy with what you have until you upgrade, then be happy with that too. There's ALWAYS gonna be a faster model around the corner. Speed-Envy is a no-win affliction.

Peace, all...

- Scott