Official WWDC Keynote Broadcast List and Who's Going Where

Comments

• Reply 61 of 110
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

I'm debating whether or not it is worth my time. Though the big motivator, ironically, is a free t-shirt 'cause I don't want to do laundry.

Somehow my respect for the mods fell considerably with that comment.
  • Reply 62 of 110
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    screw it, I'm gonna take a few hours off and go down to Soho, I ain't gonna miss this sh%t
  • Reply 63 of 110
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Originally posted by Applenut

Quote:

They want people to go to the STORES to watch.

I have a feeling people who go to the stores may be in for a pleasant surprise

I understand your point, but there are no Apple Stores in Canada!

• Reply 64 of 110
    Is there any place in the bay area other than apple stores that will tune in the satellite broadcast?
  • Reply 65 of 110
    chilleymacchilleymac Posts: 142member
    I will be at the Univesity of South Carolina MUG. They are showing the sat feed.
  • Reply 66 of 110
    ironkneeironknee Posts: 76member
    i will be running to the Soho store to be on time...look for a guy out of breath...
  • Reply 67 of 110
    commoduscommodus Posts: 270member
    This is something of a longshot, but has anyone heard as to whether or not someone in Ottawa is going to get the satellite feed? Of the likely candidates, I can only really think of B.Mac and the two university campuses (Carleton and Ottawa) possibly carrying it, and even then...
  • Reply 68 of 110
    how about a satelite feed in st.louis?
  • Reply 69 of 110
    I'm debating whether or not to do a live play-by-play on ****Microsoft.com. (Yes, that's my site.) Maybe have it coincide with the unveiling of the site's new, (more or less) G-rated name, and send press releases out. The twist would be that the live updates would be done in that inimitable style you see in the "Feedback" and "About Us" sections, for instance.

Thoughts?

Oh, I'll be at Short Hills . . . by myself, apparently, if this thread is any indication. Not that I mind; I'm . . . not . . . the most sociable of people anyway.

Might explain why I run a site (currently) named ****Microsoft.com.

EDIT: Uhhh, imagine the asterisks are "the F word." You see why I need to change the name of the damn site? (sigh)
  • Reply 70 of 110
    bill mbill m Posts: 324member
    I will stay home and watch it with a few friends viaC-Band satellite dish and a 72" video projection screen system borrowed from work.

Almost as good as being there.

8)
  • Reply 71 of 110
    I will be at the Salem NH store...Much more fun watching with other Mac users. I hope we all have a big smile on.
  • Reply 72 of 110
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

I'll bring my Powerbook to the SOHO store and do my best to provide play by play in the AI chatroom.

usually Maccentral and Macminute provide live coverage

I will be at SoHo with my PB as well... and just incase the network goes out again like it did for MWSF03 I will have my cell phone and will provide iChat updates through that

also possibly be walking out with a machine... if there is a sweet enough deal... too bad it will be my brother's and not mine...
  • Reply 73 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by howyoudoin

how about a satelite feed in st.louis?

I second this! If someone in St. Louis is hosting, pleeeeeeease PM me with info on where I can see it live...otherwise I guess I'll just watch the usual live updating sites and just catch the keynote in the delayed stream.
  • Reply 74 of 110
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

I will be at SoHo with my PB as well... and just incase the network goes out again like it did for MWSF03 I will have my cell phone and will provide iChat updates through that

also possibly be walking out with a machine... if there is a sweet enough deal... too bad it will be my brother's and not mine...

uh OH ..... haha.

id do the same but PCS Vision hasnt been working for me
  • Reply 75 of 110
    gycgyc Posts: 90member
    I'll be at the University of Michigan.
  • Reply 76 of 110
    I will try and make it to the store in Valley Fair mall in San Jose / Santa Clara. Look for the tie dyed Clan Lord T-Shirt!

Can't wait!

BlueKnight
  • Reply 77 of 110
    fugimaxfugimax Posts: 31member
    So do Apple stores provide wireless for those of us with PowerBooks?
  • Reply 78 of 110
    I work one day a week. Figures it has to be Monday, damnit! If by some miracle I don't need to go in, I will be hightailing it to Westfarms, but the chances of that are, unfortunately, very slim, I won't even be able to catch the delayed webcast, unless it doesn't start till after 6.
  • Reply 79 of 110
    fugimaxfugimax Posts: 31member
    Oh ya, I'll be @ Easton Town Centre in Columbus, OH.
  • Reply 80 of 110
    what time do you guys think is a good time to get there, half hour before, hour? I'm going to soho I'm guessing it will be crowded.