NO G5/PPC970 for WWDC

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I can't reveal my source, but very close friend has confirmed that there will not be a 970/G5 or whatever the hell released for WWDC. What I can say is that it is there is a new system at the Apple Stores and it's nothing that anyone is expecting! He wouldn't confirm but all I can say, is hot damn!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 186
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    How convenient...

I can't reveal my sources either, but I want to let everyone know that a quad-processor iPod with built-in inkjet is slated for announcement on Monday.

• Reply 2 of 186
    Hmm? maybe a new tower system aimed at the consumer market? Not another AIO, please. I hope my wild guess is correct.

And so close to Monday, too? ergh, I canna take much more of this?
  • Reply 3 of 186
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    I don't think it'd be fair to give up my friend, I have a feeling that he would get into some trouble.. All he told me was that Monday's going to be hot, and it's not what everyone's expecting...
  • Reply 4 of 186
    egad!
  • Reply 5 of 186
    I have been hearing that too, (from places more reliable then macwhispers) could the G5 specs be a red herring?

Guess well know tomorrow night...
  • Reply 6 of 186
    Quote:

Originally posted by JMoney

I can't reveal my source, but very close friend has confirmed that there will not be a 970/G5 or whatever the hell released for WWDC. What I can say is that it is there is a new system at the Apple Stores and it's nothing that anyone is expecting! He wouldn't confirm but all I can say, is hot damn!

So Apple posted G5 specs on the store for no reason?
  • Reply 7 of 186
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    although that would work into the conspiracy theory that jobs is messing with people...wouldn't they have to explain those specs that were posted?
  • Reply 8 of 186
    Would this be IN ADDITION TO the G5 announcement that, oh, the entire universe seems to be in agreement on, or INSTEAD OF?

I'm sorry. I just wonder sometimes...
  • Reply 9 of 186
    Ooh! Ooh! The Flower-PowerMac!
  • Reply 10 of 186
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    It'll be hot alright. After Apple leaked the specs, if the G5 doesn't show, everyone will forget about Martha.
  • Reply 11 of 186
    ensoniqensoniq Posts: 131member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JMoney

So you have a friend who told you there would be no G5/PPC 970 ... he can confirm that. And he told you it would be some other system ... he can confirm that. But then you say he can't confirm it? Sounds like he already did.

If you have something to say, speak up. Unless you tell us what this "new system" is, your words don't say anything worth reading. It's just one more complete unconfirmed rumor from someone with no clout.

Nothing personal...just a fact. How in the world could your friend get in trouble when no one knows who you or he is? It's not like Moki or some other "public" figure that Apple has ties to. Spill your guts, or go away.

-- Ensoniq
  • Reply 12 of 186
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Maybe it is Moki.
  • Reply 13 of 186
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensoniq

Spill your guts, or go away.

Exactly.
  • Reply 14 of 186
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensoniq

So you have a friend who told you there would be no G5/PPC 970 ... he can confirm that. And he told you it would be some other system ... he can confirm that. But then you say he can't confirm it? Sounds like he already did.

If you have something to say, speak up. Unless you tell us what this "new system" is, your words don't say anything worth reading. It's just one more complete unconfirmed rumor from someone with no clout.

Nothing personal...just a fact. How in the world could your friend get in trouble when no one knows who you or he is? It's not like Moki or some other "public" figure that Apple has ties to. Spill your guts, or go away.

-- Ensoniq

He's a friend that works for an Apple Store in Mass. Here's what I could squeeze out of him...

It's not going to be a PPC970. And I'm pretty damn sure it's not the 15" Powerbook. He said that it's nothing that anyone's expecting. And he's pretty sure that they will not be available immediately. He did say though, no PPC970/G5. I could care less who believes me, I just thought I'd contribute some info since I think I have some..
  • Reply 15 of 186
    Thank you, Ensoniq. I was trying to think of a nice way to say what you pretty much did. Anyone can come in here and sling some vague, leading horseshit two days prior to the Big Event.

Either provide some meat, or don't get everything all stirred up. As Ensoniq said, how in holy hell can anyone know you, your friend, etc.?

EDIT: jmoney posted further info above prior to me posting the previous paragraph. My apologies.
  • Reply 16 of 186
    new cash registers at the apple stores \
  • Reply 17 of 186
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Hmmm... Don't buy it. Sorry. I'm sure there's a lot we don't know, in fact we still don't know much about Panther (supposed to be the star here, remember) and the 'screen shots' that nobody can decide on the authenticity of, so I'm sure we're all in for a surprise. But I really don't think the absence of a 970 or G5 is it.
  • Reply 18 of 186
    vitaflovitaflo Posts: 35member
    Haha, dude, you're pretty gullable.

• Reply 19 of 186
    New iDevice? Tablet? Walkie-Talkie?

36 hours, more or less.

The countdown begins...

Hey, look at my post count! I'm "in the club" now!

It's poetic, I tell ya: 3500. Add 3 plus 5 and you get 8. What numbers surround 8? 7 and 9. Since this is an odd-numbered year, you switch those around to say 9 and 7. Then you add a zero because it's cool. Do I have to spell it out?

CONFIRMED!!!!!! 970 AT WWDC!!!!!!!!

• Reply 20 of 186
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    look, to anyone still bent on this "conspiracy" theory, and steve f*ckin around with us, simply put, YOU DO NOT MESS WITH YOUR REVENUE-GENERATING E-COMMERCE SITE TO THROW OFF RUMORS!!! come on, people. steve's crafty and all, but he's certainly not stupid -- "sure, let's throw our consumers and stock price thoroughly out of whack by posting fake specs to throw people off the secnt." hogwash. we as rumor communities are pesky mosquitoes to apple as a company, nothing more. a few well-placed slaps -- NOT a nuclear detonantion -- is all that's required to keep it in check (and a little Deep Woods OFF doesn't hurt, either).

now, that's not to say that, if the G5's weren't going to be ready, steve may now not even preview them, botht o save some face as well as being ale to annouce "good, better, AND best" at the same time. that i would believe.

JMoney, you sound like a paid apple employee given the task of going around and throwing suspicion into the ranks of the rumorville underbelly. nice try.