Comments

• Reply 21 of 186
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

New iDevice? Tablet? Walkie-Talkie?

36 hours, more or less.

The countdown begins...

I wish he'd tell me more.. he said it's a definite system.. Not some handheld type computer. Def not new iBook, and I'm pretty sure not a new laptop..
  • Reply 22 of 186
    Quote:

Originally posted by JMoney

He's a friend that works for an Apple Store in Mass. Here's what I could squeeze out of him...

It's not going to be a PPC970. And I'm pretty damn sure it's not the 15" Powerbook. He said that it's nothing that anyone's expecting. And he's pretty sure that they will not be available immediately. He did say though, no PPC970/G5. I could care less who believes me, I just thought I'd contribute some info since I think I have some..

So what the hell was the G5 spec leak all about then?
  • Reply 23 of 186
    quaziquazi Posts: 2member
    so how do you explain this?

Quote:

Apple's shiny new PowerMacintosh G5 tower is perhaps the most exquisitely designed professional computer ever produced. With its gleaming aluminum colored surfaces, its shining details, and smartly detailed front panel, this is as much a work of art as it is a computer.

• Reply 24 of 186
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    Quote:

He said that it's nothing that anyone's expecting.

It must be a vorpal bunny then, because on this board alone you can find someone who's expecting damn near everything and anything...
  • Reply 25 of 186
    They can alwase say they were wrong and still have a product.

Quote:

And, it actually looks great under an older Graphite, QuickSilver, or MDD Power Macintosh G4, as well.

• Reply 26 of 186
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gamblor

It must be a vorpal bunny then, because on this board alone you can find someone who's expecting damn near everything and anything...

That's a killer rodent!
  • Reply 27 of 186
    Quote:

I wish he'd tell me more.. he said it's a definite system.. Not some handheld type computer. Def not new iBook, and I'm pretty sure not a new laptop..

So it's a system that's not a handhled or a laptop, but it's also not a G5 even though Apple posted G5 specs on their store. Explain please.
  • Reply 28 of 186
    that powerperch thing is sweet

but how the **** do they know the dimensions? did they design it around dontask's thing? LOL
  • Reply 29 of 186
    mpls244mpls244 Posts: 61member
    Quote:

I can't reveal my source, but very close friend has confirmed that there will not be a 970/G5 or whatever the hell released for WWDC. What I can say is that it is there is a new system at the Apple Stores and it's nothing that anyone is expecting! He wouldn't confirm but all I can say, is hot damn!

Apple TIVO?

Or is this just Apple trying some (plausibly deniable) disinformation to re-create a sense of uncertainty in advance of Steve's keynote?

I'm with the consensus that if the G5/970 weren't coming, or weren't as good as the leaked specs, Apple would've had to issue a press release yesterday. The only issue is when they're shipping and what they look like. [edit - and price, duh . . .]

If there's a "hot" non-G5 announcement, it's in addition to, not instead of, the G5.

Or did Steve, in a fit of pique, have the G5 pulled out of the keynote, and made new plans for a special event a few days later? Apple might be able to avoid the legal mess created by the leak if they announce the G5 within a short time after WWDC.
  • Reply 30 of 186
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

So it's a system that's not a handhled or a laptop, but it's also not a G5 even though Apple posted G5 specs on their store. Explain please.

okay, JMoney, here's the deal: maybe you have info, maybe not. you want to protect someone in the know, which is understandable. then go into the AppleInsider chat area, and talk to a few folks online.

back last january, when i found out a good hint as to the form factor for the new-imac, i nearly got a friend busted by posting in the forums. instead, i logged on and told a choice few some info and/or hints, and everything was fine.

however, if you DON'T bother to chat, even to explain what exactly transpired between you and your friend, then i don't believe you any further than i can throw you.
  • Reply 31 of 186
    Quote:

I was expecting that.
  • Reply 32 of 186
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    Well, damn. Strike the vorpal bunny then. He's gonna be pissed...
  • Reply 33 of 186
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    If there is anything appropriate for release at WWDC its profetional machines like PowerMacs or Books. Looks like your friend is yanking your chain.
  • Reply 34 of 186
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

He's a friend that works for an Apple Store in Mass.

JMoney,

While I don't mean for this to come out the wrong way... Here is what you are expecting people to believe...

1 - The Apple Store web site (run directly from CA I'm sure) messing up and posting G5 specs wasn't anything and instead a G5/970 will not show up at WWDC at all.

2 - Some unnamed employee who has a (sales I assume) job for an Apple store in MA (located about as far away from Apples corp. office as you can get but still be in the US) tells you that the G5/970 isn't gonna happen but instead 'something even better' but can't tell you exactly what..

Can you see why people here just might have a hard time NOT assuming what you posted was just a big joke?

Dave
  • Reply 35 of 186
    alexanderalexander Posts: 206member
    Spy pic:

Looks like FlowerPowerMac isn't far off....
  • Reply 36 of 186
    Quote:

Well, damn. Strike the vorpal bunny then. He's gonna be pissed...

Dang, that's it. I'm buying a dell Vorpal Bunny, then--even though they aren't as sharp.
  • Reply 37 of 186
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander

Spy pic:

I have it from a very reliable source! He is an esteemed secretary of Apple Polynesia.
  • Reply 38 of 186
    idroolidrool Posts: 7member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander

Spy pic:

NO WAY, and I bought the OLD model, will Apple give me a refund ??

• Reply 39 of 186
    what the **** is wit this bunny shit?
  • Reply 40 of 186
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

I'm not how to explain it in any plainer english.. No iBook, no PPC970.. that's what I'm running with