Pic of computer setup - 2003

Comments

• Reply 341 of 627
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member

Thats a Powerbook G4 550. My iPod is next to it syncing with the music on my old Bondi iMac in the other room via Airport.

The desk is a door stained and painted on top of some Titanium themed file cabinets.

I am a big Kennedy fan hence the picture on the walls.

Also on the desk a Canon Scanner, pictures of family, and a Tiffany glass full of Sam Adams beer.
  • Reply 342 of 627
    kestralkestral Posts: 308member
    Quote:

Originally posted by salmonstk

[IMG]I am a big Kennedy fan hence the picture on the walls.

Why would anyone be a fan? They were either liars, thieves, useless (ie. can't fly a plane) or rich jerks.
  • Reply 343 of 627
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kestral

Why would anyone be a fan? They were either liars, thieves, useless (ie. can't fly a plane) or rich jerks.

I guess you are right, all that fighting for Civil Rights, minimum wage, healthcare for everyone, general class is just nonesence.
  • Reply 344 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
  • Reply 345 of 627
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i have been meaning to post pix of my computer setup for a long time, but it's never been very, uh, "tidy" (not that there's anything WRONG with that). plus, we only got the digital camera about a year ago, and i have no wish (or time) to develop and scan film-based pictures of my desk...

anyway, now that we're moving, it's all sorts of mess 'round me. but we'll FINALLY have an extra bedroom that will be all mine and i can set up as i like as an office. once that's ready, expect pictures...
  • Reply 346 of 627
    Quote:

Amp: Vox AC15TBX

Cool.. we have a vintage AC30. Sounds great.
  • Reply 347 of 627
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    Where'd be a cool place to get a cool leather chair... like in that photograph above? I need a cool computer chair, to relax in.
  • Reply 348 of 627
    Quote:

This is a picture of the desk I recently bought at Caban. Just picture a 12" Powerbook on top and a whole bunch of music studio gear and that's my setup

Just love that huge window, wanna swap places with me in the UK?
  • Reply 349 of 627
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

But here's a hint, I work for a company that has a product that is on display at Caban. That said product is somewhere in the picture. Think the most obvious and prominent thing in that picture and you will have made the correct guess *grin*

Kestral: Do you work for the manufacturer of the chair in the picture? Or the manufacturer of the table (that would explain your nice discount)? The manufacturer of that orb? Or Apple itself? We need more hints.

Escher
  • Reply 350 of 627
    I had no idea I was so messy compared to other people. Or did everyone tidy up their desks before taking the picture?

Here's Mine;

My shite- iMac DV+, Canon Powershot A40 (not in pic for obvious reasons), Canon i550, Epson 1200u scanner, Lacie 48x FW burner, DuMaurier light regulars.
  • Reply 351 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

or iBook?

I have that desk! Denmarket. Check out my setup here :

http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showph...t=1&thecat=500
  • Reply 352 of 627
    I'm trying to get my setup pic but I can't get it on here. I guess this will have to do.

http://homepage.mac.com/filmmaker2002/PhotoAlbum2.html
  • Reply 353 of 627
    doyaldoyal Posts: 72member
    My setup

• Reply 354 of 627
    What were you thinking when you put the iSub up on the wall like that? A subwoofer belongs on the floor, regardless of how good it looks. Gah!!

Why bother having one at all if you're not going to use it right? \
  • Reply 355 of 627
    doyaldoyal Posts: 72member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

What were you thinking when you put the iSub up on the wall like that? A subwoofer belongs on the floor, regardless of how good it looks. Gah!!

Can't disagree with you, however I'm not an audiophile(no shit) and sounds just fine to me.
  • Reply 356 of 627
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    OLD SKEWL:

Boots up in under 30 seconds, runs Quicken, Clarisworks.

No need for MP3s, I've got records!

What more could you want?

(The first Clash album is playing on the record player)
  • Reply 357 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by jante99

OLD SKEWL:

...nostalgia.
  • Reply 358 of 627
    My stuff

The iBook is a 600 with DVD and 640MB ram, 15GB hd, airport running Jagwire. My iPhoto library has a > 1500 photos in it and it makes me scream for a G4 and/or Quartz Extreme. so slow....

Finally upgraded my PIII-600 to a AthlonXP 2500 on Asus nForce2 Motherboard with 512MB Dual channel DDR, Serial ATA+RAID, ATA133+RAID, Firewire, USB1+2. replaced my old hp 2x burner with a LG Combo drive (16xDVD, 48xCDR, 24xCDRW). I cant believe how fast the burner is compared to my old one.

The dell is a PII400 (I bought it used from a bulk dealer and he told me it was a 300MHz, bonus!). I just switched both PC's to windowsXP finally after so many years of 2000 (which was like a rock, XP has to prove itself to me yet).

All three are hooked up to a BRAND NEW! Samsung Syncmaster 152T 15" LCD panel (replacing my 2 year old 19" samsung undergoing warranty repaird for who-knows-how-long). This screen is so bright and sharp. It has digital and analog inputs and a built in switch between them. because of remote desktop on XP I can scrap my kvm and completely admin the dell machine from my main pc, i dont need any keyboard, mouse or monitor to keep it going (its just a fileserver anyways).

Also, my clie PEG-SJ22 with a beautiful bright high resolution color screen. It has unbelievable battery life ( > week ). I use it all the time now, its like a backup for my brain.

My HP Deskjet5550 printer. It has awesome quality, its fast, but it is HUGE! it takes up a lot of room so its annoying that way. but otherwise i totally recommend it because it is extremely judicious with ink and i do a lot of big high quality photo printing too. its impressive.

theres also a motorolla cable modem that can deliver 750 KBytes(!) per second now that I bitched to my cable company about service.

Also my Fuji A201 digital camera, surprisingly not pictured ;o)

oh and a D-Link DI-614+ wireless router for the laptop. and the dell has a DLink wireless card in it but its not being used.

wookie-love y'all
  • Reply 359 of 627
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

it does? i thought the creatures where designed for the desktop, that's where i have mine. i assume the iSub can go on the desktop as well
  • Reply 360 of 627
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

it does? i thought the creatures where designed for the desktop, that's where i have mine. i assume the iSub can go on the desktop as well

Optimal place for subwoofer is the floor, this is where it can best send vibrations through the house through the floor and walls thus producing the greatest levels of bass. Probably better lower bass too, since lower bass is felt more than heard.

It gets even louder when you put the sub next to a corner since there are two walls (my sub is too loud in the corner).