NO G5/PPC970 for WWDC

Comments

• Reply 81 of 186
    vikingviking Posts: 127member
    I always find it funny when Apple store employees supposedly have secret information on whats coming out. Like they are all buddies of Steve or something. News Flash: Although most of them are hardworking and nice people, they are on the bottom of the totem pole for secret information.
  • Reply 82 of 186
    Quote:

Originally posted by viking

I always find it funny when Apple store employees supposedly have secret information on whats coming out. Like they are all buddies of Steve or something. News Flash: Although most of them are hardworking and nice people, they are on the bottom of the totem pole for secret information.

Yeah, they probably get their 'info" from sites like these....

But, maybe he's trying to tell us Gobi in new PowerBook???
  • Reply 83 of 186
    merlionmerlion Posts: 143member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JMoney

I can't reveal my source, but very close friend has confirmed that there will not be a 970/G5 or whatever the hell released for WWDC. What I can say is that it is there is a new system at the Apple Stores and it's nothing that anyone is expecting! He wouldn't confirm but all I can say, is hot damn!

Sorry dude, but you really blow dead goats.

Everybody should go back and read Kormac's posts to see what is coming. He has real insider knowledge.
  • Reply 84 of 186
    detahdetah Posts: 57member
    **** Crapple, i bet they don't have shit on monday
  • Reply 85 of 186
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Two size boxes. One is the CPU the other the Display.......
  • Reply 86 of 186
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merlion

Sorry dude, but you really blow dead goats.

Everybody should go back and read Kormac's posts to see what is coming. He has real insider knowledge.

I hope you're kidding.
  • Reply 87 of 186
    reactorreactor Posts: 27member
    So if we don't get to see G5/970's, what do we get (the suppliers are out of stock, waiting for new PM's)??

Another bumped G4?

- Single 1.12 GHz, - Dual 1.38 GHz - Dual 1.52 GHz

Apple wouldn't sell a Power Mac 'till a new processor has arrived.
  • Reply 88 of 186
    1. Everyone says G5 at WWDC.

2. Hope rises a lot.

3. Apple (accidently) releases new G5 specs. Apple gets a LOT of PR.

4. Hope rises even mor.

5. Suddenly everyone says G5 NOT at WWDC.

6. Hope falls, people start whining.

7. The G5 get released.

8. Everyone goes 'WAOW - I thought it wouldnt be here afterall!?'

9. Apple sells a LOT more G5 now that everyone got taken by surprise.
  • Reply 89 of 186
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    3 models. One available July, the middle one available August, the best one available September. Panther ships September. New displays available in July as well. Prices higher then current PowerMac.
  • Reply 90 of 186
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Quote:

Originally posted by moki

The same guy also runs MacWhispers.com, which appears to publish nonsense rumours in an effort to gain eyeballs (it features advertisements from his other companies, such as MacMice.com). Sad.

Read about his transgressions here: http://www.macintouch.com/mactable.html

Oh, here he is, btw:

Moki, I don't know much about this guy but have read the negative things at macintouch and have also read his comments and other positive things about him on other sites. I am not making a judgement either way, but I would agree that to label him a crook from that one macintouch article just seems wrong. We all make mistakes. But yes, I don't believe any of his rumors.

And Moki, AFTER WWDC could you spill all you know. Please!

• Reply 91 of 186
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JMoney

He's a friend that works for an Apple Store in Mass. Here's what I could squeeze out of him...

It's not going to be a PPC970. And I'm pretty damn sure it's not the 15" Powerbook. He said that it's nothing that anyone's expecting. And he's pretty sure that they will not be available immediately. He did say though, no PPC970/G5. I could care less who believes me, I just thought I'd contribute some info since I think I have some..

If your friend does work at one of the three Apple stores in Mass, didn't you already get him into trouble by saying which store he was from?
  • Reply 92 of 186
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

How convenient...

I can't reveal my sources either, but I want to let everyone know that a quad-processor iPod with built-in inkjet is slated for announcement on Monday.

LOL
  • Reply 93 of 186
    xypexype Posts: 672member
    Oh, I know! Apple will unveil their new cashier computers for the Apple store running OS X!

Or maybe the "leak" was indeed Apple playing with our minds, just like the "Way beyond rumor sites" stuff. Which would mean All duals between 1.8 and 2.4 then...
  • Reply 94 of 186
    xypexype Posts: 672member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

New displays available in July as well. Prices higher then current PowerMac.

Geez, and I hoped for more afforadble screens.
  • Reply 95 of 186
    macratmacrat Posts: 35member
    Here's an idea: They come out with the 970 based uber machines, but they are more expensive, like starting at $1800. Then they come out with the cheap headless-imac G4 based system that everyone has been clamoring for, to fill the void.
  • Reply 96 of 186
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Okay, having worked at an Apple Store where new product has come in...I will tell you the details:

We got them in the morning of the event...

We were not allowed to open them until the announcement was over...

We did not sign any NDAs because we do not, would not and will not hear any information or open any boxs...

Even the managers do not get the "okay" to open boxs prior to an announcement. I am doubting stores even have boxs. Many of the stores besides the flagships have small stock rooms, and they cannot be just hanging out taking up space. While other product is either in its place or waiting to be put in its place...thus why they would not ship the machines till the morning of the event.
  • Reply 97 of 186
    I have a cousin, who's best friend is a neighbor of this guy who works with someone who looks EXACTLY like Steve Jobs... and he says there will not only be a G5... but they will leapfrog the G6 and release the Pro-G7. It's a 6-Processor machine running 6.4Ghz Athlon processors using Uber-Hyper-Wire connectivity and Super-Duper PCI slots.

All kidding asside, I am in the same understanding that as MUCH as you like your friend, and WANT to believe him... he knows nothing.

At least nothing that would jeapordize unreleased hardware announcements.

You and I can speculate all we want... but the bottom line is that we will ALL knw what is to be announced in just under 27-Hours from now. Chill. Relax. Grab your favorite beverage and enjoy the wait.

I love how people become arm-chair CEO's, Financial Anylists, Marketing VPs, Industry Anylists, and Psychics during times close to keynote addresses. Some people will go to great lengths to try to be "right" about what's coming out. Why...? Who cares...? It's just a guess that paid off... big deal...?

I'll make MY predicitons and they will be 100% correct. I will post them around 2:00 pm EST tomorrow.

Enjoy the day... don't focus so hard on tomorrow's news... get-out... go for a walk... see a movie... visit friends or family... Heheheh...

Wait... what the hell am I doing here then...? Damn... time to go for a walk... BYE!

- Scott
  • Reply 98 of 186
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Look at the bones man!!!
  • Reply 99 of 186
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
  • Reply 100 of 186
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    For those expecting a split platform of Intel chips and IBM ones, don't get your hopes too high. That's way too much work and overhead for Apple to deal with. They will pick Intel or PPC, and it's more likely to be PPC given the leaked specs and the news conference with IBM on Monday.

The MacWhispers guy also had this site, MacTable.com that fraudulently posted pics of others' furniture that they did not license him to sell, and claimed them to be their own. Hence, Moki (and I) find this Campbell guy to be less than trustworthy.

I do think this person might know something, but not quite what he thinks he knows. I think he might be right that we won't have new 970's on Monday, but I do think we'll see/hear abot them. They just won't be shipping yet, which is probably the only stuff the Apple Store employee knows about -- shipping products. I would be the displays come with the new PowerMacs, and that we might see a new hardware device camera or whatever. So I don't think this person is necessarily wrong, nor is their source. Buyt I don't think their source has the whole picture either.