Entourage

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Help. Entourage decided to wake up without any of my data. Nothing. No address book, email, tasks, notes. Quite distressing. Do I blame MS again? I now have a blank Entourage and am now using Mac mail. Any clues how to get my files back. Please.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The only think I can think of is scan through your HD for the files. They probably arn't deleted and hidding. Once you find them, they probably will be set to open in Entourage.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Well, that sucks. Using Microsoft products, that is.

Look in your Home directory, under Documents. There should be a folder called Microsoft User Data. Open up the Office X Identities, then Main Identities. Try double clicking one of the files in there, like Database. If this opens up Entourage, it may open up your account.

Good luck.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights

Well, that sucks. Using Microsoft products, that is.

Look in your Home directory, under Documents. There should be a folder called Microsoft User Data. Open up the Office X Identities, then Main Identities. Try double clicking one of the files in there, like Database. If this opens up Entourage, it may open up your account.

Good luck.

Thanks for your advice but to no avail. How does a file just disappear. My recently earned faith in Apple has been eroded somewhat.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    edit: Oops.

Files dont just dissapear. They are deleted/moved or your HD is crapping out and the allocation tables are getting messed.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by petermal

My recently earned faith in Apple has been eroded somewhat.

Hang on-- Apple hasn't done anything to you yet. We're talking about Entourage, a Microsoft program that you're having issues with.

Did you even find these files and folders that I mentioned above?

Are you logging in as another user?

Did these files get moved around?

Have you done anything differently with your folder structure recently?

My wife and I have been using Office v.X for some time now, and it's not perfect, but it works (more or less). Please list more info on your situation. My mind-reading capabilities have waned as my age has advanced.