Also, Take look here .

AD6UB

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    It's not real.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    I think Apple is done witht the clear acetate plastic... That whole "cube" look is too old.

Why Enya?
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Oh puh-lease, stop the madness. This rendering was made by students for a graduation. The subject was a certain fruit company. They're from Switzerland, or something.

Go see the index page:

Before Entering this Site, You must read the following:

- This is a graduation work, made for non-lucrative purposes.

- Forgive us for including elements subjected to copyrights (property of Apple), Blah, Blah, Blah...
  • Reply 4 of 16
    ad6ubad6ub Posts: 4member
    Pretty Interesting.........

AD6UB
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Hmm, can somebody lock this thread....
  • Reply 6 of 16
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    OK, it's not real, but it dosn't need a lock. It is someone's cool idea that they rendered. Yea, the camers keyframes need a little work and there need to be come textures/better rendering, but it's a cool idea.

I want that monitor SOOO bad! That thing is cool!
  • Reply 7 of 16
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I think It's a wicked concept, and I wish it were real. I like internal design ideas with the drives coming out of the front, and the mobo sliding from the rear, but the outside is not as nice as my current G4. IMHO. BTW, I thought they were cool.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    jesfrojesfro Posts: 15member
    this guy is free of talent! that's all i have to say... ugly, impossible, cheap!!!
  • Reply 9 of 16
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    It's Memorex. But we should be so lucky.

Obviously the way the system board rolls out, it would have to be supported from underneath somehow when popping in RAM chips and such, otherwise you'd snap the whole board / tray thingy looks like. But the concept is excellent. Someone just got a job as a 3D animator (free of talent? I think not.)

You may not like the concept even but for a streaming web animation it's pretty slick. I bet the actual full res file is even better. Give the guy a little credit at least. Sounds like he was a student. I sure as hell wish I could've produced something like than when I was 21 or 22...
  • Reply 10 of 16
    dual867dual867 Posts: 31member
    Aside from the fact that it most certainly has nothing to do with what's coming out tomorrow, I think that that is an awesome rendering project. The Enya adds to the eclectic look of the machine.

Whoever did it, they have maaaaad talent.

-Dual867
  • Reply 11 of 16
    jesfrojesfro Posts: 15member
    ... at least therefor "they" are free of talent... a non-adjustable monitor is garbage...
  • Reply 12 of 16
    This concept is great. It's what the Cube should have been. I think the tray access to the drives and motherboard are a fantastic idea. The OLED monitor is outstanding.

This could very well be a great start for the 20th anniversary Macintosh!
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Cute But...

The box reminds me of an acrylic pig with stubby legs sitting on the desk. The motherboard drawer is circa Performa 5260 and that design has it's drawbacks. also, did anyone else notice that the drive drawer would intersect with components on the motherboard? Did that motherboard look like it had 4 G5 processors on it?

All in all... very artsy. The flybys and flythroughs were great. They'll do great in the Ad world. Just keep them out of the R&D dept.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    yzedfyzedf Posts: 24member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

OK, it's not real, but it dosn't need a lock. It is someone's cool idea that they rendered. Yea, the camers keyframes need a little work and there need to be come textures/better rendering, but it's a cool idea.

I want that monitor SOOO bad! That thing is cool!

Bryce is the problem, not the person's render job. I thought the clip looked rather nice, all things considered.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by jesfro

this guy is free of talent! that's all i have to say... ugly, impossible, cheap!!!

Let's see your design, then.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    From what I see in the movie, the drive array tray is in front of the motherboard tray, not intersecting, but arranged front and back.

I think the "thick glass" look is elegant and rich. The pillars offer good stress support and the thickness contains most of the noise.

A touch sensitive Apple symbol to activate drive array tray locomotion would be elegant as well.

I think it's a very "workable" model. The structure is large enough to house any number of future technologies.............

Sodium filled heat sinks for higher capacity heat dissapation........Ionic air flow generators for silent air movement

I am grateful for people with imagination, the ability to innovate and dream big...................

Otherwise all computers would look and work just like a 400 dollar DELL.

With all reaches into the future there is always someone there to say something like....

"If man were meant to fly, God would have given him wings."