Weird Bugs/changes in iChat AV

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey all. iChat AV work great... but just now I came across these bugs::

1. For some reason iChat's smiles turn all weird... Take a look at that pic.

It kinda looks cool.. but it's also annoying to me. I sorta like the stripped background. I have no idea why it glitches up like that. The only way to fix it is to trash the prefs. That can get annoying as well.

2. I don't know what triggers it but somehow sometimes the text box in the IM window dissapears and the only way to get it back is to start a new IM window. That wouldn't be good if there's information in there that you want to keep. I don't have a pic of that to show but I'm sure you can imagine what I'm referring to.

And...

3. I also found that in order to send a file you have to go into the iChat AV prefs and turn off an option that says: "Confirm before sending files." Here's a pic:

That wasn't there before or at least I didn't see it. It might have been there and it might have served a different purpose. Oh well.. Other than that.. I've really be safisfied with iChatAV so far. Yeah I know this sounds like a letter to Apple, but that's just the way I write.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

1. For some reason iChat's smiles turn all weird... Take a look at that pic.

It kinda looks cool.. but it's also annoying to me. I sorta like the stripped background. I have no idea why it glitches up like that. The only way to fix it is to trash the prefs. That can get annoying as well.

I can explain this one. It's a beta bug.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Well yeah... but I just thought I'd point it out.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    ichat with audiois too kewl
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Yeah it is... but now the smiles thing seems to have resolved itself.. o_0... I bet its gonna go all funky again.... Silly beta software...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    If you have the iCAR plugin installed, remove it immediately. It can cause all kinds of random problems from drawing glitches to disappearing windows to crashing iChat AV altogether.

I suspect this may be the root of some of your problems.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

If you have the iCAR plugin installed, remove it immediately. It can cause all kinds of random problems from drawing glitches to disappearing windows to crashing iChat AV altogether.

I suspect this may be the root of some of your problems.

I might... It seems to be behaving at the moment...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    I also have iCAR installed, and it [for the moment] works okay?

EXCEPT [] my iChat MenuBar Status doesn't display my list of buddies [sometimes]. I'll check "online" but no buddies show up, even if the buddies show up fine in my iChat.app window.

...... speaking of removing though .... definitely have to remove pithhelmet for safari to work.