Does the G5 (the computer) really exists ???

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The only graphics available on Apple website are 3D renderings... Not real photos...!

Strange isnt'it ???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zounic

The only graphics available on Apple website are 3D renderings... Not real photos...!

Strange isnt'it ???

Is it featured in the keynote, I couldn't get it to load.

I don't think it's strange, but it's going to be funny when the August release becomes delivery around Halloween.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Just remembered, someone posted in another thread that they had been a WWDC and seen one up close - so they do exist.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 4 of 22
    zouniczounic Posts: 53member
    So why aren't there real pics on Apple Website if it's real (I mean not just a designer rendering) ???

This is really disapointing ! We love Apple Designs for some reasons: Shape, materials and Details... so posting just 'preview of the G5' sucks ;-)

I want to see it for real !!! Real light exposure, real textures, real volume, how does the grid looks like, etc...

A computer rendering is nothing compared to real life ;-)
  • Reply 5 of 22
    saabmp3saabmp3 Posts: 52member
    This happened with the 3d iPod too. They only had 3d renderings but it appeared in stores the next day. Who knows why tho. However, I did see it during the keynote (live in Boston), so I know it's real.

BEN
  • Reply 6 of 22
    aureamauream Posts: 30member
    Umm, you do realize that many of the "product images" on Apple's website are also renderings, right? I know the ones for the PowerBook are (and were back in the PBG3 days as well), and as already stated, the iPod ones are renderings too. Some others may be, but I'm not totally sure.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    spytapspytap Posts: 50member
    CompUSA near me has one on display right now to play with. They hauled it out the moment the keynote mentioned it.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AirSluf

Ever the optimist!

That's just Clive. Now the G5s did in fact appear he has to bitch about something else. That'll be the delivery date, the price, updating, "what, no 970 PBs yet? There'll never be one then!" etc.

Some people have lost faith in Apple being able to deliver the goods because of the great Moto catastrophe. Now we actually have professionals doing the chips and it's going to take a while to turn everyone around. It's understandable.

Me? I believe this is the turnaround for the pro-series of Macs and I can't wait to see one in the metal and make up my mind as to the styling. Come August I'll be going to the shop and I expect them to be all there.

Now, where the hell is the matching monitor? Apple screwed up again!!!

....oh and the damn iPhone didn't show up either.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Auream

Umm, you do realize that many of the "product images" on Apple's website are also renderings, right?

Are you sure they're renderings? Apple usually enhances the photos a great deal and if you download the hires images you'll very often see that the different paths are still in the file.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Really? CompUSA? hmmm... I'll have to make the rounds.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clive

Just remembered, someone posted in another thread that they had been a WWDC and seen one up close - so they do exist.

No, they had a big 3D rendering on a wall - And people couldnt get close to it, because of Apple security! So they just THOUGHT they had seen it...
  • Reply 12 of 22
    brunobruinbrunobruin Posts: 552member
    There is at least ONE in existence, on a display stand on the show floor at WWDC; MacCentral has photos with people standing around it.

Correction: looks like there's a whole bank of them, hooked up and everything.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member

Here's at least one.

Here's the one for mini-me.

P.S. What a silly thread!
  • Reply 14 of 22
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    http://www.apple.com/pr/photos/powermac/pmg5.html

man o man does this thing look sweet doesn't it?

pretty sure these are real
  • Reply 15 of 22
    blackcatblackcat Posts: 697member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Here's the one for mini-me.

P.S. What a silly thread!

It's fekking huge!

• Reply 16 of 22
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Moving to CH...
  • Reply 17 of 22
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    People, those are not 3D renderings of the G5. Its the lighting and the way that the photos are enhanced and touched up that gives them that almost fake look.

I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure that its not 3D, but if it is... Its some of the best damn 3D rendering I've ever seen.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    It's 3D, and of course it's good. Pixar does it.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

It's 3D, and of course it's good. Pixar does it.

They're not 3D images. Try and download the hires images and take a look.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

They're not 3D images. Try and download the hires images and take a look.

The high res pics in the pr section are indeed actual photos. But not the ones on the store and hardware pages.