THE most ignorant statements from anal-ysts etc. about Apple ever!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This article is so ignorant and biased it's almost unbelievable:

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/tech.../10095766.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    These guys always end it all when a monopoly goes bankrupt. They don't understand anything in technology and can only sum up amounts of money. See my sig.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    That article is not really that bad. I read one yesterday. The guy insists despite the IBM G5 into that Apple will go Intel within the year.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Yeah, that Reuters article had the quote from some analyst that despite the roadmap and the investment Apple has made to this architecture, Apple will move to Intel by this time next year. That guy was even dumberer.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    This article a full of gems.

1. "That's true even though the stock is up 38% from April 28, the day it announced an online music store that could boost sales of computers and iPods, its line of portable music players. After hitting a 52-week high on Monday, shares later retreated amid broad-based tech selling, ebbing 14 cents, or 0.7%, to $19.06."

So...their stock is up 38% in less than 2 months...it goes down less than 1% in one day, on a day when the market as a whole was down, and Microsoft, in particular, was down more that 2%. So Apple is clearly doomed.

2. "Yet fund managers seem unmoved by speculation about Apple's pending product rollouts."

Yet Apple is up 1% today.

And finally...

3. "I think we made the decision a long time back on sticking with winners,"

Winners? Apple is one of the two major technology companies (that are NOT monopolies...this excludes Intel and MS) that has continued making money during this recession...Dell being the other. That's pretty amazing given Apple's position in the market.

Oh well.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Yeah. I wonder when the PC of the guy who wrote the article last crashed. It probably was recently, but he probably just thought, "that is the way computers are".

My junk computer here at work just crashed (I won't mention names, but is one of the biggest brands, and it crashes 4-5 times a week, sometimes 2-3 times per day). Why is it the inherent cheapness and poor design of PCs is not mentioned in these articles? At our office we struggle individually and collectively with our PCs each day and we have a large IT section that has to manage them. Why is this not mentioned?

Apple computers are better and the Apple OS is better. The problem is that Apple is not the 'standard' and they have a hard time getting analysts taking them seriously. There was not one mention in this morning's Globe and Mail (Canada's 'national' newspaper) regarding the G5. Frustrating.