Am I the only one who doesn't like the G5's handles?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Who needs handles? especially on the bottom?

I never carry around my computers. Not more than once a year.

If there's a need for handles why arn't they recessed on the top or something.

this one looks much better, i guess

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    yzedfyzedf Posts: 24member
    I 2nd that. Handles look like they are only there for one reason; so it is not a blatant PC case with cheese grater look.

IMO, YMMV
  • Reply 2 of 12
    ryyoryyo Posts: 19member
    Handles esta bien.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    farvefarve Posts: 69member
    The new G5 is the most beautifull thing in this world. I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    marloemarloe Posts: 26member
    the handles is what makes it look different that other desktops! otherwise, just looks like a PC.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Future hardware? Moving.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I think that the biggest thing that looks bad on the new case are the style of the new vents. I would have liked a hexa-honeycomb front (with cut out hexagons), and then mesh underneath, so you see the mesh through the honeycomb. The new G5 front looks like the little holes that are cut out on the 17" Powerbook speakers.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    xmogerxmoger Posts: 242member
    So it's agreed they are included just to look different than a PC?

Other than the 2 or 3 times I haul my tower around in it's lifetime, they are a waste of space. The edges look kind of sharp too.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by arivanlend

Who needs handles?

especially on the bottom?

I never carry around my computers. Not more than once a year.

If there's a need for handles why arn't they recessed on the top or something.

this one looks much better, i guess

Who needs handles? devs who move around and change their setup, install new ram ect...also me because i use pro machines (i won't settle for less) and i am moving around our computers when my bros get home and come from college (i'm glad their computers have handles...as they are powermacs)

not sure why there are some ont he bottom but oh well

if u dont have a need for handles then what does i matter to you? i'm not trying to bust on you dude seriously, i am just curious as to why u are bothered...think they'll annoy you, do you think they make it ugly?

i agree with you though, i'm sure ive had his reasoning, but the handles don't exactly look like the best designs ever
  • Reply 9 of 12
    robsterrobster Posts: 256member
    those handles (on the G4) saved all our machines when the floor flooded....they might also help with airflow when they are on carpeted floors....
  • Reply 10 of 12
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I think they should have been recessed and then fold out for use.

I still like the looks overall and if it is like the rest of Apples hardware, it is always more impressive in person. Pictures never do them justice.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by yzedf

I 2nd that. Handles look like they are only there for one reason; so it is not a blatant PC case with cheese grater look.

IMO, YMMV

Actually from head on they make it look more like a cheese grater
  • Reply 12 of 12
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I have absolutely no complaints about the G5 or its case. Come on guys....we finally are back on top and everyone gets all bent out of shape. I have seen the case up close and personal and pictures don't even do it justice.

Let's just enjoy where we are at now.