Dreaming of 13.3" iBook

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    naepstnnaepstn Posts: 78member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

You're right, bigger screens are better. I'd take a 14" over my 12" regardless of how the case looks if it had a higher res. Unless you have poor vision, there's no reason to take the 14" over the 12" since they've both got a resolution of 1024x768.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Alternatively, you could say, "Unless you WANT poor vision, there's no reason to get the 12" since they've both got the same resolution."

• Reply 22 of 26
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by naepstn:

<strong>

Alternatively, you could say, "Unless you WANT poor vision, there's no reason to get the 12" since they've both got the same resolution."

</strong><hr></blockquote>

maybe you're right, but I know at least with my eyes, I'm fine looking at a 12" screen.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

Wallstreet Powerbooks rev A had the best options. 12.1, 13.3 or 14.1. </strong><hr></blockquote>

best? I'd sure be salty if I was missing that inch on my tibook.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    stimulistimuli Posts: 564member
    I actually have a 13.3" Wallstreet, and I quite like the size. Simply put, if Apple made a 13.3" screen iBook in the 12.1" ibook's case, I'd be whoring myself out on the street corner for handjobs saving for one.

The cruel irony of the 12.1" is that the small screen is made to look even smaller by that big fat border of casing around it... which if were trimmed down to 1/4" would offer more than enough space for a 13.3".

It would be perfect: small, light, w/ the biggest screen that would fit the small elegant form factor.

The 14.1 is probably the iBook I'd get today, simply because 12.1 is too small for my needs, and the 6 hour battery is a bonus.

The dimensions of a laptop should never exceed 1.4" larger than the screen, IMHO, as any more makes the screen appear smaller than it is.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    naepstnnaepstn Posts: 78member
    [quote]Originally posted by stimuli:

<strong>I actually have a 13.3" Wallstreet, and I quite like the size. Simply put, if Apple made a 13.3" screen iBook in the 12.1" ibook's case, I'd be whoring myself out on the street corner for handjobs saving for one.

The cruel irony of the 12.1" is that the small screen is made to look even smaller by that big fat border of casing around it... which if were trimmed down to 1/4" would offer more than enough space for a 13.3".

It would be perfect: small, light, w/ the biggest screen that would fit the small elegant form factor.

The 14.1 is probably the iBook I'd get today, simply because 12.1 is too small for my needs, and the 6 hour battery is a bonus.

The dimensions of a laptop should never exceed 1.4" larger than the screen, IMHO, as any more makes the screen appear smaller than it is.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Um, stimuli...

Do you realize that the border around the 12" iBook is 11/16"? Therefore, the dimensions of that model is 22/16" (i.e. 1.375") larger than the screen size, meeting your criteria. I personally quite like that amount of border around the screen, and I think that it greatly adds to the regidity/ruggedness of the iBook.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    allall Posts: 27member
    [quote]Originally posted by naepstn:

<strong>

</strong><hr></blockquote>

No reason except it's fugly, costs a lot more, and the screen isn't as sharp.