anyone getting the iSight?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am thinking about getting one......but want to see who else is going to do this....

That's a good way to chat with people, I think

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    The price surprised me. I expected in total Apple fashion to see it at $399.
  • Reply 2 of 48
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

I am thinking about getting one......but want to see who else is going to do this....

That's a good way to chat with people, I think

I just ordered mine and it's already been shipped. Should be here on Thursday.
  • Reply 3 of 48
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I think I'm going to get one. Once I get back from France I'm going to sell some stuff to get the money. iMac, iBot and DC 3400 for sale. That should give me enough money
  • Reply 4 of 48
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I ordered one.

Just need to buy a Macintosh to attach it to now.

• Reply 5 of 48
    yeah, I ordered one after Murray did I couldn't resist...
  • Reply 6 of 48
    kjmmackjmmac Posts: 5member
    Plan to get an iSight as soon as school begins, and I talk my brother into one also.
  • Reply 7 of 48
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    probably going to pick one up. we'll see.
  • Reply 8 of 48
    I getting two, one for me and one for my family. I was thinking of getting the iBot Pro a short time ago and I waited since I heard the rumors. I glad I did.
  • Reply 9 of 48
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    So I think next week or so I will ask Brad to put a sticky note in General Discussion with a list of people who have the iSight.

That way we can chat
  • Reply 10 of 48
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I'll probably get 2 later this summer for college to keep in touch with the family
  • Reply 11 of 48
    If I ever get DSL: yes.
  • Reply 12 of 48
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

I'll probably get 2 later this summer for college to keep in touch with the family

That is exactly the proposal I ran across my sister yesterday. Apple should sell a bundle with a pair of iSights...a "going away to college" deal with a discount.
  • Reply 13 of 48
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

That is exactly the proposal I ran across my sister yesterday. Apple should sell a bundle with a pair of iSights...a "going away to college" deal with a discount.

Yes, the minute they released it that same thought crossed my mind.

$249 maybe?
  • Reply 14 of 48
    That's a good idea.
  • Reply 15 of 48
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    I bought mine within mere minutes of their arrival upon Apple's online store. Then I remembered that there are hardly people I talk to on AIM that use Macs. Because I am a moron, however, I have not cancelled my order.
  • Reply 16 of 48
    Buy from Small Dog. Support the little guy. There's no discount on this anyway and SD doesn't charge tax.
  • Reply 17 of 48
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    yeah WTF no EDU discount! \

guess I'll just have to pay full price...
  • Reply 18 of 48
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Yeah, possibility I may get a pair if my parents get DSL during the summer... easy way to video chat with them while I'm at college. A pair package makes a lot of sense, I'm not sure why they didn't do that.
  • Reply 19 of 48
    What if they added the ability to videoconference with like, a handful of people. Depending on how much bandwidth you had, you could select multiple members and their video shot would get smaller, ala The Brady Bunch. The audio could be combined so you would hear the entire room, but just watch enough people as your bandwidth allows. We could have a Party.
  • Reply 20 of 48
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    wtf, i can't buy from Smalldog becuase i'm not a Top Dog member, and i can't become one?

GRRRR

edit: and you do get an edu discount, depending on the what edu you work for.