As Americans, we must learn to trust the French

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
At least when it comes to Macintosh rumors. Future boxes with ridiculous floating point performance? True. New machines at WWDC? True. How is it that our Gaulic allies get so much inside info? What gives here people? Is there some reason why rumors go straight from Cupertino to Paris? Perhaps NDA's are less binding in some way? Perhaps the French proclivity to fine wine makes it easier to get info out of people in the know? Perhaps Steve Jobs has yet to fly to France to terminate the employment and life of any Apple employees in France? I'm stumped.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    A little further North, in the magical land of Canada, the first photo of the new iMac is leaked?

I like this country.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I'm not at all impressed with MacBidouille.

We all knew the 970s were coming in the second half of 2003, and when WWDC was pushed back to the end of the first half of 2003, it wasn't exactly psychic to say they would be coming then. Virtually everyone said that.

Benchmarks? They were available since IBM's initial presentation of the 970. And as far as I'm concerned, the benchmarks they posted earlier were demonstrably falsified.

They did get USB 2, DDR 400, and AGP 8x right. But they also had predicted immediate availability of the G5s. And they predicted 2.3 Ghz, and then 1.8 Ghz.

Appleinsider actually did better.