Where Did You See Keynote, How Big Was Your Crowd?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple Store, Lenox Mall

120 to 140 (tops)

Lots of clapping.

Lots of Apple people who weren't obvious rumor-fans, just general purpose fans.

Started out at the Apple Regional HQ but their ding-dang feed wasn't working...some kind of cable had gone bad. I had to jump in the car and race to the mall. Got there about 10 minutes late.

Pscates, did you make it down to ATL?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 35
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Easton Town Center

Coulmbus, OH

Turnout: somewhere around 60-80 would be my guess, but I didn't take a head count.
  • Reply 2 of 35
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    Woodfield Mall,

Shaumburg, IL (30 minutes from Chicago)

120 people (best guess).

Plenty of applause, hoots, and laughter...

and I left without a new Mac in hand. G5's now please.
  • Reply 3 of 35
    My computer room...

Headcount... one or two but I did not count.

Lots of clapping and yelling...

Some yahoo was talking during the most interesting parts. I told him to shut up.
  • Reply 4 of 35
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Apple SOHO.

It was unbelievably crowded.

and forgive me if I'm out of line, but, the mac users/fans/nuts/whatever that were there.... my God... embarrassing.

Seriously.... me and Paul were by far the coolest people there Honestly.

How many times can these people make lame "jokes" like raising their hand before the keynote starts and asking an employee when the next Panther demonstration is or how does he order a G5.... and they think they are hilarious.

uhg.... Pizzeria Uno was good afterwards, I was looking for ya paul but it seems you skipped outta there right afterwards.... my Powerbook FREAKED out and thats my the camera crap got all messed up and i wasnt online.
  • Reply 5 of 35
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    My office. MacNN feed that sucked and MacMinute feed that was better but kept on breaking. Just me. And I got some work done during.
  • Reply 6 of 35
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Soho--about 200 people, give or take.
  • Reply 7 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by mrmister

Soho--about 200 people, give or take.

i dont know... it seemed SOOOOO crowded... but i guess 200 is accurate.
  • Reply 8 of 35
    jegrantjegrant Posts: 45member
    I rolled out of bed, went over to the computer, and opened up the email I previously received from my university.

Copied and pasted a URL into QuickTime Player, and I was pleasantly surprised to receive a 500k average (best guess) MPEG-4 audio & video stream of the keynote that didn't break up, lose signal, buffer badly, etc. Everything worked well.
  • Reply 9 of 35
    Easton Town Center in Columbus, OH. It was a pretty good sized crowd, probably around 100.
  • Reply 10 of 35
    I went to the Rockingham store (Salem, NH). At first (around 12:50) there were only about 10 people so I got a seat on the bench. Being my first "Stevenote" I was mesmerized to the screen (Finally got to experience the RDF first hand). When he did his dig on Longhorn I heard a lot more people laugh than I was expecting, Turned around and there were probably 30-40 people there.
  • Reply 11 of 35
    francisg3francisg3 Posts: 168member
    SoHo - and it was great! IMHO, the second-largest Keynote crowd other than the SF audience. I was right up under the giant screen, and my neck still hurts.

Oh, and I was the third coolest person there.
  • Reply 12 of 35
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Apple SOHO.

It was unbelievably crowded.

and forgive me if I'm out of line, but, the mac users/fans/nuts/whatever that were there.... my God... embarrassing.

Seriously.... me and Paul were by far the coolest people there Honestly.

How many times can these people make lame "jokes" like raising their hand before the keynote starts and asking an employee when the next Panther demonstration is or how does he order a G5.... and they think they are hilarious.

Exactly... "play the gates movie!" the kid who was sitting in front of me who made the Panther classes comment had some SPYMAC homemade "Badge" on his right arm... It was a little ridiculous...

Quote:

uhg.... Pizzeria Uno was good afterwards, I was looking for ya paul but it seems you skipped outta there right afterwards.... my Powerbook FREAKED out and thats my the camera crap got all messed up and i wasnt online.

ic... i didnt leave right after... I wanted to see if the camera was available to purchase... since it wasn't i went back up to the GB to take care of a few more issues I have had... it seems I have to send in the book AGAIN... whatever it is still under warranty...

it really was crowded... there had to be something like 100 people sitting down and at least 150 standing... the crowd went all the way back to like the first half of the first genius bar....

it still was nice to see the keynote in a big crowd like that... even if there were some people who took it a little too far...

I'm disappointed that apple didn't take advantage of the fact that there was an extra 200 or so people in the store.... they should have had something available for purchase RIGHT THEN with maybe a discount... they also should have prepped the retail staff on the new machines beforehand, especially since the specs were leaked. At least had a policy ready to get rid of the old machines... I don't think the trip was worth a $40 parking fee... next time I'll just take the subway...
  • Reply 13 of 35
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    "I went to the Rockingham store (Salem, NH). At first (around 12:50) there were only about 10 people so I got a seat on the bench. Being my first "Stevenote" I was mesmerized to the screen (Finally got to experience the RDF first hand). When he did his dig on Longhorn I heard a lot more people laugh than I was expecting, Turned around and there were probably 30-40 people there."

I don't know about 30 or 40, but at 12:45, it was standing room only. I had to stand.
  • Reply 14 of 35
    I miss the Apple Market Center in the Citicorp building. used to get a bit of a cooler crowd there. You'd get those old tpye apple fans who were like middle aged former nerdy hippies and you'd get the people taking lunch breaks from their businesses. Plus refreshments and the staff was cooler
  • Reply 15 of 35
    maxcom29maxcom29 Posts: 44member
    Was at SoHo too. Stood the whole time and was forced to multitask between counting the hairs on the dude's head in front of me, who wore sunglasses the whole time and could have used a bath, and watching the keynote.

Anyone know what that loud sound, originating from above, was?

It occured toward the end of the keynote, almost thought the whole second floor would collapse.
  • Reply 16 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by maxcom29

Anyone know what that loud sound, originating from above, was?

It occured toward the end of the keynote, almost thought the whole second floor would collapse.

I know!

jeez, it sounded like the skylight caved in
  • Reply 17 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

I know!

jeez, it sounded like the skylight caved in

nah, it was the webmonkey landing on the roof after steve flung him late friday night from cali
  • Reply 18 of 35
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    The Grove in Los Angeles. Pretty good crowd except the idiot who came in at about the middle of the keynote and was sitting on his knees next to me totally invading my personal space.
  • Reply 19 of 35
  • Reply 20 of 35
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Costa Mesa, CA (South coast plaza). Probably something like 200 people there (it is hard to say, I was in the front). My crowd was pretty well behaved.