iPhoto Questions

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a couple questions about iPhoto. It's a great idea and I just moved all my pictures into iPhoto because it organizes them so well. However, I can't figure out how you're supposed to remove a picture entirely from your library from one of the albums. I almost never browse the full library itself, as there are hundreds. Instead I have a number of albums for different categories. But whenever I delete something from one of the albums, it only removes it from the album and it stays in the library. Therefore, I have to then go into the library itself and delete it from there. How do I go around the extra, unnecessary step?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    I wish I had the answer, but I have the same question. I've heard complaints about the underlying file organization in iPhoto on these boards, so mayber the answer is that there is no answer: that's just the way iPhoto is. I hope I am wrong though. Anyone.....?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I also wish there was an option to delete the original picture after editing it. As soon as you modify an image it makes a backup of the original. Sometimes you know you never need to see the original again, but its there somewhere buried in the iPhoto folder. They need a button that says "Delete Original". This should clear up a lot of space on your hard drive.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    Quote:

Originally posted by boba fett

I also wish there was an option to delete the original picture after editing it. As soon as you modify an image it makes a backup of the original. Sometimes you know you never need to see the original again, but its there somewhere buried in the iPhoto folder. They need a button that says "Delete Original". This should clear up a lot of space on your hard drive.

There's shareware for this. It deletes either files that have been rotated or all origionals. Check versiontracker.

Edit:

Its called iPhoto Diet and you can find it here . Aren't I kind
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proxy

There's shareware for this. It deletes either files that have been rotated or all origionals. Check versiontracker.

Edit:

Its called iPhoto Diet and you can find it here . Aren't I kind

Sweeeeet! Thanks man! I'm finally going to go on a diet!